Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was tired of my Dodge Dakota 1999.
It was become useless and it was the most recent we own.

So, today, I've sold it and bought a brand new Toyota Matrix.

It's a base (basic...) model with manual transmission.

No A/C, no power anything, no ABS or ASC.

Only things I've added to my order are cruise control, trunk carpet and block heater.

And I've ordered a set of mag wheels for summer and I keep steel wheels to install winter tires.

That looks like this:

And mag wheels I've ordered :

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marcutio said:
Not a RAV 4! But nice though.
But we keep our RAV4.1

To RAV-4.1 owners: When you will park your truck beside a Matrix, look at dimensions of each vehicule...
The Matrix is almost the same size as a RAV4.1

·
Registered
771 Posts
I know we almost bought one. Our choice came down to the "Matrix AWD" or the "Rav4 FWD". We chose the Rav since it would be our only vehicle and it had more interior height and it better suit our needs for transporting furniture I design.

As a second car we would definetly love to have a Matrix. Good choice! Great Car! How is it on gas? I know the weight to power ratio is pretty good and it has lots of pep. Good luck with all that! Later. M. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marcutio said:
I know we almost bought one. Our choice came down to the "Matrix AWD" or the "RAV4 FWD". We chose the RAV since it would be our only vehicle and it had more interior height and it better suit our needs for transporting furniture I design.

As a second car we would definetly love to have a Matrix. Good choice! Great Car! How is it on gas? I know the weight to power ratio is pretty good and it has lots of pep. Good luck with all that! Later. M. :)
Unfortunatly, the Matrix AWD comes with automatic only. That was my choice... before I know that. :(

I just come back from Québec City (a 1770 Km trip) and the average is 7,1L/100Km.
On these kilometers, 240 were done in Québec city and around, all others on highway.

About the "pep", I'm not really impressed. It's better than our RAV4.1 1997, but my old Talon seems to do better.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i personally like the way new matrix looks out side but I hate how you have the shifting knob in that very starange place right under the radio panel, Right now I work at Toyota dealership as a porter and each time I have to drive a matrix i have a mixed felling cuz I love the ouside but I hate shift knob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts