Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel i have an interesting quirk, worthy of this forum.

When the interior temp dial is turned to cool, i get cooled air.
Not just regualr fan forced air, but actually feels like it is cooled via the
Air conditioner. The A/c switch when engaged does not cool the air with any noticeable difference.

I have been in 30 degree celcius outside temperature (85 Farenheit) with the dial simply to cool and it is sufficient to keep the car very comfortable and even slightly borderline cold.

Another point:
The A/c button depressed makes no noticeable change to my idle.

I suspect my a/c is always on. (the iluminated dial does switch on and off with switch depression)

So has anyone else seen this phenomenom?

I would appreciate any response.

Paul

·
Registered
265 Posts
The compressor is engaged anytime the vent selection switch is set to one of the windshield / defrost outlets, regardless of the A/C power switch or temp control setting.
Bizzare in my opinion, but most vehicles are like that lately.
I've been pulling the A/C compressor fuse for the real cold months here in NY.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like you have the correct answer to my question. In all my tests my vent selection was always in on one of the two defrost selections.

I appreciate your help.

I appreciate this forum.

Paul

G

·
0 Posts
ac always on

I have the same problrm regardless of the ac switch on"amber light on"or switched off "amber light off the air blows cold.. no matter what position my flow selector is in ie normal floor or defrost I believe I does shut off when I turn the fan switch to off.but thats not good enough... I like to shut off the compressor and put the car in neutral when I stop for red lights to save on gas... but In florida I still need the fan to blow..until I switch the compressor back on,,, does anyone have a fix for this problem?

thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
But my 02's A/C compressor ONLY runs when the A/C button is pressed and it's light is on. Perhaps cars for the North American markets are wired differently? Can you get sight of a wiring diagram for an Asian market? Maybe you could adapt yours.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Snyrav4 said:
The compressor is engaged anytime the vent selection switch is set to one of the windshield / defrost outlets, regardless of the A/C power switch or temp control setting.
Bizzare in my opinion, but most vehicles are like that lately.
I've been pulling the A/C compressor fuse for the real cold months here in NY.
That is done so that the AIrCon dehumidifies the air and thus helps to remove fog from the windows...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts