Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I thought the A/C went out in my 2002 Rav 4, but saw that the A/C button light wasn't on. Turns out that I can hold the button in, and it works just fine. My temporary fix has been to duct tape it down - and again, the A/C works so well I have to turn down the temp or I freeze. Problem is, it's so warm here, the duct tape eventually stretches and no longer holds the button in.

What could be the problem, and advice on how to fix?

Thanks,
Katie

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,877 Posts
The only real solution is to replace the switch, it sounds worn out. You will need to get a replacement from a Toyota dealer and it probably won't be cheap. Or you could try to get a used one from a junkyard or Ebay.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,877 Posts
I recently saw some used heater/AC control panels on ebay for around $30 with free shipping. That seems like a deal to me!
That sounds like a plan. I would try to get one from the South because we turn on our A/C and almost never turn it off. So the switch should have very little wear and tear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That sounds like a plan. I would try to get one from the South because we turn on our A/C and almost never turn it off. So the switch should have very little wear and tear.
Great point Junebug, Mine almost never gets turned off down here in Houston!:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, I thought the A/C went out in my 2002 Rav 4, but saw that the A/C button light wasn't on. Turns out that I can hold the button in, and it works just fine. My temporary fix has been to duct tape it down - and again, the A/C works so well I have to turn down the temp or I freeze. Problem is, it's so warm here, the duct tape eventually stretches and no longer holds the button in.

What could be the problem, and advice on how to fix?

Thanks,
Katie
Did you end up replacing that switch? Did it fix the problem, i am at the same exact situation you were...
Thanks for Any help as i am dying in this heat lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts