Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened again! Back in Oct of 2014, after a long trip, pulled in the driveway and discovered both driver and passenger carpets sloshing with water. Early next morning wound up pulling up both carpets and all the insulation pads. Found the rubber drain hose, pulled it off the plenum and LOTS of water came gushing out. Blew the hose out by mouth until it seemed clear. At least we had a couple of sunny days, so dried everything out and all was well. Until yesterday. Got out of the RAV on an errand and spotted water pretty much gushing over the drivers side tunnel onto the rubber-backed carpeted mats. Shut off the A/C, went home and checked it out. Very luckily, I seemed to have caught it at the very beginning. Set the floor mat in the sun, jacked up the RAV, found the hose underneath. Got a piece of rubber hose which fit perfectly inside the drain hose and blew it out. Lots of water came out, but at least this time on the ground.
I guess I should make clearing the drain hose an annual preventive maintenance job!:nerd

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Back in the day, pet hair was a big problem. It would get sucked into the system, stick on the evaporator, and eventually clog up the drain. This was before cabin filters, which should prevent the problem, but I'm sure some air manages to bypass the filter. Also, look for evidence of rodents and/or dirt daubers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts