Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I was wondering if I could buy A/C Pro with Leak Sealant and see if that will fix my A/C. I am also wondering if you know of any aftermarket Halogen Headlight Bulbs? I am not thinking of putting LED Headights on my car, (but may put LED Bulbs for the tailights)
Thanks,
rav4 1

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just researched today that LED Headlights are illegal in Utah. So I am thinking of putting on SYLVANIA 9006 XtraVision Halogen Headlight Bulb, (Low Beam and SYLVANIA 9005 SilverStar Ultra High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb, (Contains 1 Bulb for the High Beam Headlights) Do you know where the A/C Hoses are located on the RAV4?
Thanks,
rav4 1

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
I travel all over the USA and I researched my most frequented states statutes and federal CFRs to make sure that I was legal with my lights and as far as I can determine that as long as they are marked DOT or SAE, are the right height, correct location, correct number, proper arrangement, and are properly aimed (any headlight out of alignment, even if you are towing can get you a citation) they are legal. I did find some sites where people claimed that certain bulbs are illegal HID, LED, any aftermarket bulbs and I guess they are misinformed and passing on misinformation. Now, if you modify the headlight, such as opening it up and installing projector assemblies, you have voided the DOT certification and are subject to legal action. But, even doing this you are not likely to get pulled over as long as the headlamps are properly aimed and of the correct color. For example in Florida and most states you cannot have headlamps that don't have white light.

Again, you must make sure the headlights are marked DOT, aimed properly, and no color other than white. I tried going through the CFRs but, they are very confusing and written in a combination of engineeringese, lawyerese, and I think Chinese. Anyway I found nothing in utah, federal regulations, or any other state that specifically states thou shalt not use LED headlamps or any other light as long as they are marked DOT or SAE.

I did find something out, my brush guard has small bars across the headlights - and they are not legal.

Now about those A/C hoses, you need a manual, they run from the AC compressor which is under the alternator to the firewall, from the firewall to the dryer, to the condenser, and from the condenser back to the AC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts