Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been checking these message boards for some information on what I think might be a problem with my new RAV4. I just bought it, and didn't notice this when I test drove it. When I'm stopped, the A/C will cycle on and off, and every 10 seconds, for about 10 seconds, it will make a noise and vibrate. I can feel it just sitting there, and even through the steering wheel. Also - the brake pedal will shift slightly. Is this normal? I will probably call the dealer and have them check it, but wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this. Thanks! Sara

·
Registered
13 Posts
My RAV4 presents the same situation. When stopped at red light, I notice a vibration and and A/C cycle on and off. Also I can feel a little vibration in my seat (Driver's side), I need to check the passenger side and get more oppinions before call to dealer.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not cold here - I'm in Atlanta and its been in the 80s. It only does it with the A/C on. When A/C is off there is no noise or vibration. My husband has a Camry and his car does not do this. I have the base model RAV4, 4 cyl, 2WD. Alphax - what model do you have?

I am loving the RAV4, except for this issue!

·
Registered
13 Posts
jjn37, I own the same model as yours. Base model RAV4, 4 cyl, 2WD. Silver. I'm in Puerto Rico and no cold as there in the states.

·
Registered
14 Posts
flyingn said:
well that depend on on thw ambient out door temps. If it is really cold it will short cycle. Its normal in the winter.
10 second cycling is not normal at any ambient temperature.
Of course, take it to the dealer.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, thanks for the replies. I'll call the dealer tomorrow. I'll let you know what happens...Thanks, Sara

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, kind of. They said there's nothing wrong with it. They drove it while I had a moonroof put in. They said it operates normally. I still feel a bit uncomfortable with it, but don't know what else I can do. I might take it to my old trusty mechanic and get his opinion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts