Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The A/C vent on top of the dash is half blocked. The left (driver's) side allows air to flow but the right side flows none and the grille looks like it is turned completely to the side but isn't a moveable grille. I don't know why they would make it so wide if only half of it is functional. Is there some trick to getting air flow from the entire grille?

·
Registered
109 Posts
The A/C vent on top of the dash is half blocked. The left (driver's) side allows air to flow but the right side flows none and the grille looks like it is turned completely to the side but isn't a moveable grille. I don't know why they would make it so wide if only half of it is functional. Is there some trick to getting air flow from the entire grille?

That is the vent for A/C to the rear seat passengers. Can turn on/off but only half the vent will open. It is that way on my 2016 Hybrid Limited.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That seems stupid. Why not make it half the width right in the center then. I've opened it on the theory the more places for A/C to enter the cabin the sooner/better it will cool down. I'm surfing and finding stuff but brand new here so I'll likely repeat a few things before I surf the entire site.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Try the 4.4 search this forum option, it works well, no surfing required. :wink

1 - 5 of 5 Posts