Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out what this particular part is called and not having a whole lot of luck. This is a cover that fits at the bottom of the front bumper cover and covers the area under the front lip. I know it's black plastic but that is about as far as I've gotten. Any help is always welcome. I'm thinking if I know what it is called I will be able to find it online. TIA

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
I think this might be it:

COVER, ENGINE UNDER, NO.151410-42020

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after much looking and getting nowhere (Thanks Junebug for trying) I called the dealer this morning and found the part I'm looking for. It is 51410-42050 (Engine Under Cover Assembly). I'm amazed at what Toyota wants for pieces of plastic. They want $187.00 for this and I want able to find it for less than $40. SMH...Anyway this brings up another issue and that is the clips that hold this piece in place. I'm able to find a source for the screws needed but not the push clips. They are part number 90467-07215. Does anyone have a source for these at a decent price or if not does anyone know the dimensions of these?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I'm amazed at what Toyota wants for pieces of plastic. They want $187.00 for this and I want able to find it for less than $40.
For that price, junkyard would be your best bet... As for getting it new, Camelback Toyota has it for $119.72:

https://parts.camelbacktoyota.com/parts/index.cfm?searchText=51410-42050&make=Toyota&action=oePartSearch&siteid=214329

PartSouq has it for $70.56 plus 2-day fedex international shipping. I've had GREAT success with PartSouq for getting OEM pars for my 4Runner much cheaper than stateside dealers:

https://partsouq.com/en/search/all?q=5141042050

Good Luck!

Reactions: rkwhyte2

·
Super Moderator
10,153 Posts
Hey, once I saw the picture

I realized I have mine safely stored hanging up in my garage.
It almost got ripped off in deep snow and also got in the way during oil changes so it got retired.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Hey, once I saw the picture

I realized I have mine safely stored hanging up in my garage.
It almost got ripped off in deep snow and also got in the way during oil changes so it got retired.
Yeah, I'll probably do the same after I take it off for our 1st ever oil change and leave it off. In the future might look into getting something more sturdy. There are a few companies that make custom skid plates for 4Runners but I haven't seen anything like that for RAV4's... Too bad...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts