Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bittersweet evening for me. Selling the old family truckster (our 99 Durango that the recently purchased 2010 RAV4 replaced). My kids were 2 and 4 when we bought it brand new and they both learned how to drive in it... It served my family well for 17 years and I will miss it but I really don't need 6 cars. I am pleased that it's going to someone that's excited to get it and plans to fix the rust and keep driving it. I really figured no one would want it and it would end up in a junk yard with a perfectly good drivetrain. Instead, I sold it in about an hour on craigslist.

·
Registered
8,538 Posts
If the Durango had been a RAV you most likely wouldn't have needed to replace it!:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the Durango had been a RAV you most likely wouldn't have needed to replace it!:D
Well... I spent 10 of the last 11 years/100,000 miles towing 7400 lbs with it. Guessing that as excellent as a RAV4 is, it would not handle that much weight too well.

I don't tow anything with the RAV4, I use my truck for that.

·
Registered
8,538 Posts
Well... I spent 10 of the last 11 years/100,000 miles towing 7400 lbs with it. Guessing that as excellent as a RAV4 is, it would not handle that much weight too well.

I don't tow anything with the RAV4, I use my truck for that.

Towing wasn't mentioned in your first post about the Durango. My post was intended to inject a little RAV-related humor into the thread. :wink

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Towing wasn't mentioned in your first post about the Durango. My post was intended to inject a little RAV-related humor into the thread. :wink
I got the humor and appreciate it. My delivery in writing is often really dry.

·
Registered
8,538 Posts
Hoping that you enjoy your 2010 RAV!:smile

1 - 7 of 7 Posts