Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, wonder if some one had problem on 2014 model. My ABS and TC light comes on when i crank vehicle quick. if I let it set for few second on key position "on" and then crank it. ABS and TC light never comes on... very strange! yes I know, you should turn it on and let it load, let all lights on the dashboard to go of and then crank... but i never had such a problem with any of my vehicles. I tested my original battery and looks like on crank, voltage was dropping to about 9.5v.. generator works fine too - I tested . After I tested my battery on crank amps with a tester it was showing only 200 amps... so i decided to replace my battery, got brand new with 640 cold crank amps rating - Didn't helped... also i noticed that ABS and TC light comes on when I quick crank with headlight on, if i quick crank my car with my headlights previously ''OFF'' ABS and TC light stays of !!!!
Very strange!!! Any help? ABS modular starting to going bad maybe ?
Thank you

PS.
I even had my 'brake" light comes on too! together with ABS and TC few times when I do quick crank

·
Registered
164 Posts
Maybe a slightly worn key ignition switch? Pick one up at the auto recycler and do a swap.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If this is what it is, give me a logical explanation why would that be ? Your point of view on it. Why would ignition will not sent signal to ABS. It should turn ECU first then ABS comes. But I think power goes to security module first! . Very strange issue... my next step would be to disconnect ECU and ABS harness and clean them. Prior to that I will disconnect battery of course. Just all this seams like bad condition... between something. Just my logic. It's just have to be some logic explanation to all this... thought it's battery. Unfortunately not.. but my OEM battery needed to be replaced anyway.

·
Super Moderator
9,888 Posts
Are you aware that this topic of multiple dash lights has been discussed almost ad nauseam on the 4.3 forums?
The short answer is you'll need to have the skid control ECU codes read to determine the cause which could be a failing ABS sensor.
FYI, when as it turned out the left rear wheel/ABS sensor was failing on our '06 RAV4, several of the warning lights would come on upon starting the engine. For quite a while we could make them go off by shutting the ignition off and restarting the engine. I used the jumper method to read and clear the codes for awhile because the wheel sensor was quite expensive. Finally got tired of messing with all the lights and broke down and bought and installed the sensor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so I pull codes on my ABS and here is list, maybe some one knows.
C1241
C1361
C146F
Maybe someone can guide me through Techstream and what I need to be tested!
Thank you

·
Registered
1,553 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh lord... smh. I know... it could be million things... i tested ABS speed sensors too and seems like they showing speed.

·
Super Moderator
9,888 Posts
Did you clear the codes and see what comes back first? That's my approach instead of worrying about them all. For instance your code for battery voltage may very well be "historic" having been set once but still remain after the voltage is okay.
Also, my experience with our '06 was that almost anytime I read codes I got some but often no dash lights came on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts