Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching.

We've encountered our first ever snow/ice with the Rav4, and have discovered the ABS beeps when tires lose traction. I presume this is design behavior.

Is there a way to turn this beeping off? An idiot light on the dash would be enough. Is there one? I don't recall seeing one.

TIA,

-kj-

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah! Sorry I misspoke. On my Pontiac, when the traction control is activated, I get an idiot light on the dash briefly. The beep is only a minor annoyance, just wondering. The wheels spun coming up our icy driveway, I *GUESS* I could slow down, but where's the fun in that? :) -kj-

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am glad that toyota put a device that warns me and tells me when i am in a skid cause the whole moving sideways thing definately doesn't warn me enough ..... [/sarcasm]

but seriously -it is kind of annoying -though i have to say its pretty hard to get this thing to slide anyway. I had to force it into a slide to see how it recovered and thats when i found the beep and was like WTF mate. so i did it again and figured it out but i haven't had it happen in normal driving yet. Its not something i am going to worry too much about

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
lawrant said:
I am glad that toyota put a device that warns me and tells me when i am in a skid cause the whole moving sideways thing definately doesn't warn me enough ..... [/sarcasm]
ROTFLMAO! :lol: :D My sentiments exactly, but you said it better than I could have.

I attribute the fact that auto (and any other product) manufacturers must treat their customers as complete idiots is because of the legal system in the USA. If Toyota did not have warning bells, whistles and lights going off, then someone would surely sue them. :roll:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i can see the lawsuit now - "your honor, the 6 kegs of beer i drank had nothing to do with me crashing into that car if only toyota had put a warning noise in my car i would have known i was sliding and i would have been able to manuver the car safely out of the way. So it is my plea that toyota is solely responsable for the untimely death of that family of 4."

ah America if only people would be responsable for their own actions - what an amazing world it would be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts