Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rav lit up the ABS light on the way home tonight. The only code was Speed Sensor A, but I cleared that and the ABS light is still on.

I inspected the 4 ABS leads and can't see anything obvious.

How do I tell which one is bad?

·
Registered
609 Posts
On my 99 a speed sensor error would throw a code of 31 to 34, and the code would indicate the wheel. Different years use different codes, so giving the year and as much about the actual code as you can, will get you the most help.

Reactions: Scotty Gunn

·
Registered
609 Posts
With the ABS light on and no codes, my 99 manual says to check for shorts in the ABS circuit then check the ABS Control Relay.

·
Super Moderator
10,128 Posts
Scotty,
Knowing what year and model yours is might help us help you.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hey Scotty,
When you got your code, was it through the obd-2 port under the dash, or did you do some magic under the hood and read the code from the flashing ABS light?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Scotty,
When you got your code, was it through the obd-2 port under the dash, or did you do some magic under the hood and read the code from the flashing ABS light?
obd2 port, I just read the actual text and didn't notice if there was a code associated with it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Sorry, I was trying to lead you the wrong way.
The only On-Board-Diagnostics code that I see is the, DTC P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction.

Not an ABS malfunction, but might be able to trigger an ABS fault.

Just to note, the ABS error codes are displayed by having the ABS light, blink the codes to you.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts