Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

I have a 1996 Rav4 L, I took a corner and am hearing a noise by my brakes now my ABS light is coming on. I keep hearing a noise everytime I drive.
Anyone know how I can fix this problem or know the part number for the axel at the left front wheel?

Cheers

·
Registered
881 Posts
Tafari said:
Greetings

I have a 1996 RAV4 L, I took a corner and am hearing a noise by my brakes now my ABS light is coming on. I keep hearing a noise everytime I drive.
Anyone know how I can fix this problem or know the part number for the axel at the left front wheel?

Cheers
Can you describe the noise? Check that your brake fluid isn't low.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I had ABS on my '98 and had the ABS lite come on twice.....each time it was the sensor at one of the axels.
I don't know a lot of the specifics of the ABS, but I know that each axel has a magnetic sensor that senses the teeth on a toothed ring going by on the axel/brakes. These pulses go to a computer that tells if the wheel is turning or locked up (no pulses).
Anyway, I suspect the sensor or the ring has come loose, considering it is a '96......Take off the left front wheel and have a good look for anything that is loose...... If everything is good there, check the other side with the wheel off......
G/L

1 - 3 of 3 Posts