Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A couple of months ago the ABS light would randomly come on but go off once the car restarts. Now it is on permanently and the head and tail lights have started to flicker intermittently. Sometimes the headlight go off till you switch them off and on again. Fog lights always work. The upper (3rd) brake light is not working at all. Error code is C1249. Any advice on where to start?

Possible culprits: Bad ground somewhere, faulty brake switch (it seems in good conditions physically), faulty ABS sensor?

Some help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

If I put the ignition on (press the start button with my foot of the break) the ABS light does not come on. If I touch the break it comes on. Also lights only seem to flicker after I touch the break for the first time. The issue must be is the brake circuit or with some sensor. Question is where and with what.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,604 Posts
Do you get much rain there? I've heard of strange problems like that when the windscreen isn't properly replaced, and rainwater leaks in through the seal and gets into the connectors under the dash. Or, it could be a bad stop lamp switch above the brake pedal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts