Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Help the experienced motorists. I do not know what topic to raise my question. And I decided to create a new topic. And the question actually is. After replacing the brake pads on the SRT and cleaning the caliper, the piston, replacing the anthers on it (or maybe it's just a coincidence), I lost ABC. Although the signal lamp ABC brakes as it should be lit when the ignition is switched on and goes out. When the brake pedal is pressed all the way to the stop, the traction control warning light comes on and one signal is heard. If the pedal is released, two signals are emitted and this lamp goes out. The lamp lights up only when the engine is on and the hand brake is lowered. It also seems that the pedal is a little sagging or maybe this feeling is created because of the absence of the ABC (as with the old brake pads the pedal did not sag). Today was an electrician, his device of errors he did not find. His instrument did not find any mistakes even when the anti-skid control system warning light comes on when the brake pedal is depressed. The electrician also does not know what happened. Dear forum users who have encountered this or similar problem and know what's the matter write how to solve this problem.
Valery

TOYOTA RAV4 ACA30L-AWMGKW

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,757 Posts
Welcome to RAV4World!

When you push the brake pedal down hard, you will see the flashing skid light and hear a beep. This means you have activated the hill holding feature. Toyota calls it HAC, Hill Assist Control. This is used if you are stopped at a traffic light on a hill. Simply push down on the brake pedal to activate HAC, then when the light changes to green, you can move your foot from the brake to the accelerator pedal without the car rolling back. When you hear the 2 beeps, this means that HAC has been deactivated. It sounds like your RAV4 is working properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts