Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I am having some problems with my brakes....replaced all parts-calipers, rotors, pads, and rubber brake hoses on my 07. Went to purge the lines to prime the system and was not getting any fluid out of the line in the front left. Went and disconnected and reconnected everything and still the same problem. Went up to the MC to purge there to make sure there was no trapped air and that was good, then did the same for the 2 indeed lines from the MC to the abs pump and that was all good, got fluid from there with minimal air. Traced the line from the front left to the abs pump and took off that fitting and when pressing the brake, no fluid comes out of that orifice. It does come out when the fittings are removed for the other 3 brake lines. Any ideas or am I going to have to replace that pump?? I do not think I am getting any codes, but I will re-verify that in a few hours after work. Thanks for any help!
Dito

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hey all,
I am having some problems with my brakes....replaced all parts-calipers, rotors, pads, and rubber brake hoses on my 07. Went to purge the lines to prime the system and was not getting any fluid out of the line in the front left. Went and disconnected and reconnected everything and still the same problem. Went up to the MC to purge there to make sure there was no trapped air and that was good, then did the same for the 2 indeed lines from the MC to the abs pump and that was all good, got fluid from there with minimal air. Traced the line from the front left to the abs pump and took off that fitting and when pressing the brake, no fluid comes out of that orifice. It does come out when the fittings are removed for the other 3 brake lines. Any ideas or am I going to have to replace that pump?? I do not think I am getting any codes, but I will re-verify that in a few hours after work. Thanks for any help!
Dito
While I've never experienced your problem, it certainly seems like you've cornered it. Be curious to see how you make out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent it over to a local shop. What it turns out is that the ABS can lose its home position, i.e. the solenoids misfire or get stuck. There is equipment of some sort that can simply reset the electronics in the abs. It was a solenoid internal to the abs pump that was blocking the orifice where the fluid for that line was coming out of. Simple fix - $55 later we are good to go!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.