Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ABS sensor Replacement (Answered)

I have an '09 Front wheel drive. I just changed out the driver side hub bearing assembly, and broke the ABS sensor in the process. I have already ordered the new sensor, but have no idea how to change it. It seems pretty easy from what I can see, but need a bit of help. I can see that I need to take out a bolt that holds the sensor to the hub assembly, and then take the clips that hold the wire in place off, but once the wire goes up past the top of the fender well, I have no clue. Any help is welcomed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, to answer my own question, and for anyone else who decides to change out your ABS sensor yourself, I found that there is a thin plastic cover that covers the fender well. One clip and one small bolt, and I was able to access the wiring connector for the ABS sensor. Everything else was super simple. Just in case you decide to change your wheel hub bearing assembly, make sure you remove the ABS sensor from the assembly first. It will save you about $200.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you for your post.

I just changed my driver's side wheel hub and broke the ABS sensor. Dang they're pricey. It'S on order and was wondering if there was anything special with the wire installation as I followed the wire up the fender to the top where it disappears under a plastic cover. I guess I'll just pull the cover off and see what lies in there!

I'll try and add a pic as this is what I was hoping to find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts