Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas new to this forum but on many automotive forums, a friend of mine has a 2009 rav4 2.5 4cyl ac works fine and after 10 minutes it gets hot. A simple off and on of the ac button gets the fan to jump on and ac to come right back to cold, the compressor looks like it shuts off on the gauge as the pressure rises when the fans are off. He put a new ac compressor , a new dual cooling fan assembly , all new fan relays (this car has no mg clutch relay for the AC)and a ac cycling switch on the top by the high side, we drained and vaccumed the lines, after running a diagnosis with an Autel tool it gives me a current b1479 code that comes back to a flow sensor, flow sensor is reading as it's on the compressor and works as it spins, voltage on it was in spec at 4,7 volts. Mitchell1 is directing me to a AC amplifier?! Identifix shows there are recalls and tsbs for this , has anyone had this happen or just bad wire on the connectors to the compressor? Any help is appreciated and thanks fellas!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far the issue has been resolved- fans high speed is kicked on wayy more frequently now! Keeping my fingers crossed we exchanged a compressor and fans for no reason!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts