Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 07' Rav4 this morning from having the fix done for the excessive oil consumption. Had them replace the water pump and belts while they were in there. When i looked at my write up there was a comment that "AC not working when checked prior to repair"

I take exception to this because it was very hot the week before i dropped it off and it was certainly working just fine. I asked why no one called to tell me this or offer to fix it if it wasn't working (which it was)....they said well it wasn't covered by the warranty repair and the service advisor i spoke with said that he assumed the service advisor that took the vehicle in called me. He also said that something was "rusty" assuming the compressor? No one called me at all....i have to wait until Monday and speak to the service advisor that brought the car in. At this point it's my word against theirs that it was working when i brought it in...any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
If I recall another forum member had the same problem - A/C worked fine until the excessive oil consumption remedy work was done, and then there was no more A/C. Seems that the problem was finally resolved at no cost to the owner, but after doing a quick search on this forum I couldn't find that thread.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I seem to remember seeing that post as well before the work was done everything but couldn't find it this morning either.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
731 Posts
Very well could be the tech didn't reconnect the compressor. I doubt they had to recover the refrigerant so that only leaves an electrical issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there anyway I can check if it was reconnected myself?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update - finally got in touch with the dealer last week. Long and short if it is that they said some valve was broken off compressor and that it normally happens when it seizes. The dealer was good though and said they like to give them customer the benefit of the doubt since I said it was working when it was dropped off. They are ordering me a new compressor and will put it in this week at their cost.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Update - finally got in touch with the dealer last week. Long and short if it is that they said some valve was broken off compressor and that it normally happens when it seizes. The dealer was good though and said they like to give them customer the benefit of the doubt since I said it was working when it was dropped off. They are ordering me a new compressor and will put it in this week at their cost.

Chances of an external valve being broken off by a compressor seizing:0%
Chances of an external valve being broken off by a careless mechanic:98%
Whatever....as long as they fix it, right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chances of an external valve being broken off by a compressor seizing:0%
Chances of an external valve being broken off by a careless mechanic:98%
Whatever....as long as they fix it, right?
Exactly....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts