Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do you remove the panel where the control knobs are. Neighbors lab sat on it and pushed the temp knob in. I need to remove the panel to set it back in or see if it need a new part. Thanks Tony 2009 rav4

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,418 Posts
How do you remove the panel where the control knobs are. Neighbors lab sat on it and pushed the temp knob in. I need to remove the panel to set it back in or see if it need a new part. Thanks Tony 2009 rav4
You need to remove the stereo head unit first. Then you can get to the knob and remove that panel if necessary. You'll find pictures here:

Detailed Stereo Install---->>>Lot's of Pic's

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got the exact same problem, the a/c knob got pushed in when my backpack slammed into it. It's very easy to access the knob from behind by removing the glovebox. No tools needed to remove the glovebox.
That's half the battle. The other is figuring out why the knob doesn't just snap back in to place.
Anybody know what holds the knob in place? I assumed it would just snap back but that is not the case. I can't see any broken mounting tabs......what gives????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anybody know what holds the knob in place? I assumed it would just snap back but that is not the case. I can't see any broken mounting tabs......what gives

Anybody help out on this. Why can't I get the a/c temp knob to snap back in place??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, you can imagine the surprise I had when I saw somebody else had the exact same problem I did:p
Can't imagine I have to buy a new switch for this. Hoping somebody else has had some experience with this.

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,418 Posts
Here's a video that shows how to remove the A/C control panel. It's about at the halfway point in the video:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2013 RAV4, the AC knob got pushed in by a piece of lumber. Solved the problem by removing the glove box and manually lining up the AC switch with the panel through the dash access hole by the left side of the glove compartment. All you have to do is make sure the letters "AC" on the switch are horizontally lined up (level) with the dash. The little white tangs allow you to snap the switch back in place easily. No tools or disassembly are needed. Anyone who tells you to dismantle the dash is really wasting your time. I didn't even disconnect the - battery terminal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The original title could have left out the dog part. One persons post about it being funny. Not necessary. Am glad this post exists. “pushed in” is a basic keyword search that worked for me. I did it even myself easily and freaked out. Seems common for 2013 Toyota Rav4s, which is what I have.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Given that Subaru have a whole dog family driving around in their Subaru in the commercials, I would imagine this not being an issue for a Subaru. 😂

Seriously, though, that's a major design flaw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
phwang7
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing