Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know when ordering a new car, most of us never think of the small accessories that we take for granted, but that of course the dealer charges separately for. As a result, Im wondering if its possible for you to leave with your car without these items.

Im referring to, floor mats (I know they are optional, but arent they literally just added to every car that arrives), cargo net (seriously, ever car that supports this should come with it. It should be considered something like the floor mats), etc.

Id hate to go to pick up my new Rav and realize that its missing some of these very basic items simply because I forgot to ask for it when I ordered. (like, would it come without a windshield if I didnt specifically make sure it was added?!!)

Thanks for any insight!

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's called "standard" features. If you go to toyota.com, choose the model you want and there should be a list of standard features. You can also view this if you click on the "build and price" link.

But it appears Mats & Nets are NOT standard features, but a lot of dealers usually throw them in as part of the deal.....

It's always a good idea to try to cover ALL the issues BEFORE you make the deal.... Never be afraid to ask "too many" questions, especially when dealing with salespeople...

·
Registered
379 Posts
I agree capeted floor mats should be included. But that would take away from their bottom line on the vehicle. And their ONLY reason they are in business is make money. the customer is always SECOND. Even though you always see a form of sign in the dealership stating "The customer always comes first" Or "Without you the customer we would not be here" They don't care! I would almost have a root canal without novacane, than to deal with a car salesman.

·
Registered
654 Posts
jkat, before you leave with your car, you should always do a once over. Some dealerships have their salespeople run through a checklist check that you have to initial to confirm you received everything you expected to receive. Whether they do that or not, you should check what's in the car based on the window sticker (should list standard and optional equipment) with you and a list of accessories that you paid for right when you take delivery and before you drive off the lot.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I asked my salesman about floor mats when I was ordering my V6 Ltd and he said that they are now standard equipment on all Toyotas sold in Canada. He also mentioned that he was glad of this change because he felt like an idiot asking people to pay extra for something that every car needs.

·
Registered
379 Posts
In Canada uh. Should be standard in the US of A as well. Anybody else get the 5 piece floormat set in their limited as standard equipment? Or a refund of their $232 for the option? Refund, now there's a word salesmen really understand well!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But, Im assuming that they still "come" with every car (price padded to reflect) but if you REALLY didnt want them, they would pull them out of the vehicle and deduct from the price?

Like I said earlier, I would just hate to have my Rav delivered to the dealer, and there be no floor mats to be found anywhere and him say "Well, you didnt specifically mention them in your order?!". Which is why I say they should "come" with every vehicle (even though I understand the price will be marked up to reflect this added on "option").

Thanks for the info!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts