Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy owners of a new 2019 RAV4 XLE! When we have it in accessory mode and then leave the vehicle we can't get the vehicle to lock. We have found that we have to turn the vehicle on and off before it allows us to lock it? Any suggestions? Can we turn the accessory mode off without starting and stopping?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's a feature I guess. You just have to push the start/stop twice. One for it to then go in to ready to start mode and the next push will put it in to off mode.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Also, I guess I should say that leaving it in Accessory mode does have some draw of power from the battery for stereo and USB power supply. My guess would be this was done specifically so that you lessen the chance of draining the battery.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
For Smartley equipped vehicles, If you want to stay in accessory mode after stopping the vehicle, leave it in drive or neutral with foot on brake and hit the start/stop button once, engine will turn off, then you can shift to park, it will stay in acc mode until you hit the stop/start button again, other wise you have to cycle the stop/start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts