Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was scrolling through EBAY and saw a RAV4 like mine with an engine on sale but they had pasted pictures of the whole vehicle. LOL. ... but wait.. it had mudguards on it. It was the one with fender flares and OEM mudguards. Couldn't find them for years.. There they were.

BEGGED the lady for a week to take those off and send to me. She kept on insisting that they only sell engines and their system does not know how much the guards would be. Seriously?
Take my F*****G money and send me the mudguards. I told her that if she doesn't take them off I would drive up to NY (a 12 hour drive from Kentucky) and take them off myself.

She finally broke down and sent me those for $80.00. They were in a bad shape. A lot of oxidation.

Did some heat gun treatment and they were as good as new.

My old mudguards (after market) had 4WD written on them which I really liked. I did not like the guards because after driving around for years they got bent backwards with wind and kinda looked ugly so I cut off the 4WD and glued it on my OEMs. What do you think?

First two pictures are of the junkyard RAV. LOL!
The next few pics show me receiving them and me transforming them after the heat gun.
I put the 4WD signs on them and then put them on my RAV4.

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,731 Posts
Those look really nice on your RAV! I just hope the glue holds and the 4WD emblems don't fall off.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: mensajero

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks RAV4evr, I place a request for some parts.

Good luck with that. If it is not in their "system" it will be hard for them to take your money. LOL !
Oh and you may not get an email response back. I never did. You will have to call them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts