Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
There are similarities but the price is crazy. Mercedes is in the same price class. ML320 would be my choice for this price or maybe a few more dollars.

Looks like a nice ride but for a few bucks more you can get the MDX and more space.

Later. M.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Dre said:
Here's a link to the new Acura RDX. I'm just wondering why they didn't call it the RAV 5!

http://www.acura.ca/AcuraEng/Previews/RDX/
Wow, the Suzuki Grand Vitara, and now this...

Funny that while others simulated the 4.2 design, Toyota diverged and went to a more Highlander-Matrix-esque design fo rthe 4.3.... Go figure! :roll:

While I will probably end up buying the 4.3, I think the 4.2 outer appearance had a lot more going for it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Wow, that DOES look a lot like a rav4! I see they added side mirrors in place of the camera feature they had on the concept version. Does this RDX have winshield wipers?...or did they really use the new technology? the concept version had air coming out of vent to dry the windshield. No moving parts. How cool is that?

Can't believe the back end and profile of the RDX looks so similar to the rav4! I'm glad i got the original.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Design wise,

I like the look of the Rear, that's without seeing a 3/4 shot.
Side definitely has that RAV look.
As for the Front,, Well, I generally like a hard edges on 2 surface curves intersecting,
However, if you took a cross section of the front hood, i definatly don't like the Zig, Zag bunched up close edged, harsh lines.
Also the line itself travelling down from the windshield down to the front bumper, again too edgy and not clean.

Walt

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Although they copied the 4.2 it seems like they, as well as many others, don't get the concept of small overhangs. This is one of the most endearing parts of the 4.2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts