Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to tweak distances? I would not mind having a longer distance than "3" in snowy conditions. ( dont want to clean windshield constantly )

The radar appears to see other vechicles at a very long distance.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it's speed adaptive. Longest setting "3" just aint enough in winter conditions when there is salt flying in the air.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know it's speed adaptive. Longest setting "3" just aint enough in winter conditions when there is salt flying in the air.

You should have radar cruise control, LDA, and pre-collision shut off if you're driving in snow. Those systems can easily malfunction/trip unnecessarily and cause you to lose control of the car.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have information about the threads initial topic?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
To increase the following distance with the RASC system:
Turn it off and follow at whatever distance you like.

Or: RTFM

·
Registered
85 Posts
You should have radar cruise control, LDA, and pre-collision shut off if you're driving in snow. Those systems can easily malfunction/trip unnecessarily and cause you to lose control of the car.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Completely agree. The first heavy snow we got my Rav started going nuts at every stop sign. Took me a few stops to figure out what the heck was going on. From now on those electronics get turned off in heavy snow.

I remember reading the manual for the first car I had with cruise control (early 90's) and even then they told you not to use cruise in rain or snow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts