Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an cruise control on my 2015 rav4 but doesn't work, any suggestions?
thanks in advance

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
17,084 Posts
I installed an cruise control on my 2015 rav4 but doesn't work, any suggestions?
thanks in advance
Here in N. America all RAV4's come with cruise control as standard equipment. So I assume you installed the stalk control? Make sure the ETCS fuse and/or relay is installed. If it still doesn't work maybe it wasn't wired for cruise at the factory.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here in N. America all RAV4's come with cruise control as standard equipment. So I assume you installed the stalk control? Make sure the ETCS fuse and/or relay is installed. If it still doesn't work maybe it wasn't wired for cruise at the factory.
Thanks JuneBug for replied, here the basic version come without the cruse control, could you please tell me where are located the fuse and relay? thanks in advance.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
17,084 Posts
Thanks JuneBug for replied, here the basic version come without the cruse control, could you please tell me where are located the fuse and relay? thanks in advance.
I'm not familiar with the 2015, but my 2008 has a fuse box under the dash behind the hood release. Also, there are 2 fuse/relay boxes under the hood--one near the battery, and the other on the opposite side. Look for ETCS (Electronic Throttle Control System) which is what they call the cruise control.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not familiar with the 2015, but my 2008 has a fuse box under the dash behind the hood release. Also, there are 2 fuse/relay boxes under the hood--one near the battery, and the other on the opposite side. Look for ETCS (Electronic Throttle Control System) which is what they call the cruise control.
these fuse boxes:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Maybe an ECU has to be reflashed/programed to accept the inputs from the cruise control device?

Reactions: Luistroy

·
Registered
55 Posts
Luistroy, Are you able to successfully install your cruise control. I tried on my RAV4 2013 and Im not getting any cruise power indicator in the dash.

Anyone here installed aftermarket cruise control? Appreciate your support and feedback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi neilaa69, can you help me ?, I saw the other comments on Kotrad post but I still don't understand where the extra cables are connected. Do you have any help image

1 - 14 of 14 Posts