Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new (to me) 2012 RAV4 didn't have a front license plate from the previous owner but I need to add one for Ohio. I don't have any original screws or bracket that I can find, so I'm not sure what to buy. The punch outs are not done.

I've seen a couple posts where people have recommended the OEM method (which drills holes) and even some non-OEM methods of attaching a front license plate. I like the idea of using a plastic frame around, or something that won't scratch or damage the car.

What's the recommended way of doing it? What should I buy?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I always thought the nose of my 2012 RAV4 needed to look more rugged or macho so I bought a heavy black steel licence plate bracket from Walmart and installed it with an OKC Thunder Basketball license plate, it was quite fast and easy. I also bought an extra tow eye bolt and installed both bolts on my front bumper and it makes hauling my kayak or long pieces of lumber a breeze. The front end looks better and it keeps people from backing in to my front bumper.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I always thought the nose of my 2012 RAV4 needed to look more rugged or macho so I bought a heavy black steel licence plate bracket from Walmart and installed it with an OKC Thunder Basketball license plate, it was quite fast and easy. I also bought an extra tow eye bolt and installed both bolts on my front bumper and it makes hauling my kayak or long pieces of lumber a breeze. The front end looks better and it keeps people from backing in to my front bumper.
......unless they're not OKC Thunder Basketball fans. In which case they'll AIM for your bumper!>:D

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Which model do you have? I'm pretty sure the Limited takes a different plate holder than the Base or Sport.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts