Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tested with my 2020 XLE basic - gas version.
You can see this one is the XLE version below, which did not come with the sensors.
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Grille Car Vehicle Tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Vehicle

The placements of the sensors are the same as the factory one. When removed the rear bumper, there are sensor location marked, the set of the parking aid comes with a drill that can drill the exact the same size holes for the factory sensors.

The image below is take place in the front windshield glass. There is a land centering module, when removed the cover. It would be shown the same thing as below. There is a wire harness provided the the set and easily remove the factory one and plug in this harness. There is CAN, power source. All the thing will come from this wire harness to the parking aid module, which I installed on the passenger side. Will take picture later.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Electrical wiring

Images below showing the factory setting/ sensor display screens. Expect the same as factory. You can also turn off the parking aid on the se

Communication Device Font Gadget Mobile device Electric blue
Car Speedometer Gauge Vehicle Automotive design
Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Gauge Automotive design

Will post more details soon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Continue. Sorry for the darkness.

Below two images will show the details of the sensor s in the front bumper. Two of them are installed on the factory marked location. However, because I did not replace the grill, so I drilled two holes for the sensors beside the license plate.
Atmosphere Astronomical object Galaxy Star Science
Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive design

you have the choice to replace the grill with a Limited one. They are all the same. With the limited grill, there is no needed to drill holes on the bumper of the license plate.

image below is located on the passenger side after removing the glove box. There is a place to put this ECU after wired behind the rear view mirror. Then it will separate with two wire harness, one for the front bumper sensors and one for the rear bumper sensors.
Automotive lighting Hood Sports equipment Automotive tire Personal protective equipment

The ECU park number is 89340. It costs more if purchase separately.

the installation will need to remove both front and rear bumpers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts