Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think that's the idea, but am I supposed to attach the bar to the angle brackets at the shock without the end links?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yes, where you have the two bushings on either side of that bracket (on the shock) my instructions say that the bar attaches there, without any of what you have there, and the wierd thing I built has to go from the frame to the bar.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ok, I now understand that side of the inverted L. But the other side is my problem. Where you have

Bolt head
washer
bushing
inverted L
bushing
washer
tube spacer
washer
bushing
Swaybar
bushing
washer
nut

That is what I do not have. They say my bar attaches directly to the inverted L. Does that even sound right?

If that's the case, I'm gonna upgrade to a thicker and stronger bolt (which does fit, 3/8-24 x 7 to be exact) plus I have to make a longer tube spacer to get the bar low enough to attach at the inverted L.

All this on a holiday weekend (dammit). But I've got the idea going.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
dnylrq, It appears that you are on the right tracks as to figuring this whole rear anti-sway bar out. Maybe Addco has a few missing parts in their installation kit. That is why Mensagero has his bar installed differently than you will have yours?

I am thinking that it would be better if the bushing/brackets were installed directly to the frame; and building a custom end link from the end of the bar to the shock mounting bracket. I don't think that the Addco contraption that you have built to support the sway bar to the frame will be strong enough for the torsional forces that will be applied to it. :shock:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
thats funny when i unbolted my shock, the bolt was only about an inch long. you must have taken the stud out on the wheel side also...

·
Registered
682 Posts
have you guys seen the k-mac rear sway bar we sell? it attaches to the suspension arms and the chassis of the car. it's not atatched to the shocks so it's not low...hence it doesnt hit the exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Mohit said:
have you guys seen the k-mac rear sway bar we sell? it attaches to the suspension arms and the chassis of the car. it's not atatched to the shocks so it's not low...hence it doesnt hit the exhaust pipe.
Yea, I think I saw one. It was on Andrews' ride. Now that you mension it, how much dos it go for mate? Moza, do they have a web site?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Bloody bad news mates. I emailed K-mac regarding a Rep in the USA. Yes, their is, sort of. http://www.shox.com/

This was their answer regarding rear anti-sway bars.

At 04:23 AM 5/29/2005, you wrote:

I was indicated by K-mac that you are the representative of there line of anti-sway bars, am I correct? If so, do you have a web-site? I'm looking for rear anti-sway bar for 1997 Toyota RAV4. please send price.

I don't see any sway bars listed for your RAV4 on their website www.k-mac.com.au

Addco lists a 3/4" rear bar for $129.00
Their 1" rear bar says "inquire" which we couldn't do until Tuesday 5/31/05. Let us know or call them Tuesday at 800-338-7015 for status and part number.

Anderson and Stiehle, Inc.
1300 Hill Street
El Cajon, California 92020
800-683-2890
619-444-9766
Fax # 619-444-8261
www.shox.com

Well, this tell me that they prefer to refer me to the compition, insted of checking with K-mac. :roll: Well, Moza, your up. How much is the bar and shipping from OZ to USA, PR?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
No offence intended to the mates of RAV4oz.com. But when you ask a question regarding shipping charges from Australia to the USA. Well, no answers means that they know it's not cheap. And I guess that the amount is more then the part that you are going to buy. Well, silence say it all. They just want to do US, as members of RAV4world.com a favor. [Don't ask mensa, it isn't cheap :roll: ]

I think you should do the Addco Rear anti-sway bar. Its going to be a lot more cheaper then sending for it to Australia. Recently, about a month ago, I installed my RASB without no problems. Works great.

·
Registered
682 Posts
mensajero said:
No offence intended to the mates of RAV4oz.com. But when you ask a question regarding shipping charges from Australia to the USA. Well, no answers means that they know it's not cheap. And I guess that the amount is more then the part that you are going to buy. Well, silence say it all. They just want to do US, as members of RAV4world.com a favor. [Don't ask mensa, it isn't cheap :roll: ]
The reason why there was no answer is because i dont read all posts made on the forum which is why i didnt see your post about shipping price. Please email me if you need a shipping price at [email protected].

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Check with Addco. These people have been in business for may years. I guess the rear one is the one you should install. The front one you already have it installed, just change the Bushing to polyurethane. One thing is for sure, once you point your RAV4 to where you want to go, it WILL got their regardless. Of course springs and shocks will also help. But the bar will make a big diffrence.

Remember, no one expect your SUV to have the moves the bar will make it do. :wink:

http://www.addco.net/

21 - 40 of 42 Posts