Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
I did this today. I didn't use the add-on dual circuit adapter. I removed glovebox, than t-tap to power outlet. I add an in-line fuse (10A) at the end

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
This is great. I will also be doing this soon. I will also run one or 2 to the cargo area in the back.

Will post pics.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't know if the 4.4 is different from my 4.3 base but I have a power outlet inside of the center console besides the one on lower dashboard. If you so wish, you could extend your wiring from there to the back face of the console.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just finished installing my new 12V Socket and Dual 5V USB Socket. Looks great and best of all, it works. Always encouraging. :)

Thanks for the idea and the brief 'How to ...' photos/description, cemeb4dk.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question about Fuses

This is a fantastic "Hack" which I would like to implement on my 2015 RAV 4 XLE. Any regret or issues after 3 years?

I noticed in the manual that both Fuses # 8 and #17 are listed as power outlets fuses... ("power outlet #1" and "Power Outlet #2"). Is the single existing power outlet in the front center console utilizing both fuses?

I see based on the picture that you plugged your "add a fuse" connector to port #17. Did you still use two 15 amp fuses?

Finally, any idea what the diameter of the screw where you plugged the ground/neutral is? I just want to make sure I use the proper diameter loop connector...

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want to buy 14 gauge wire to do this.

What is the length you used to go from the cover to the fuse box and still look clean? Do you believe 6 feet is enough?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I want to buy 14 gauge wire to do this.

What is the length you used to go from the cover to the fuse box and still look clean? Do you believe 6 feet is enough?

I recommend 12 gauge stranded automotive wire for an extra once of caution. 0:)

My $.02 :wink

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looking for a way to do something similar, I want to have my dashcam constantly powered by the accessory plug, instead of powering on and off with the key. Is there a way I can jump the circuit at the fuse box? I tinkered around in it a bit but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make it work. TIA!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nope, thanks to photobucket changing their sharing ability...you might be able to message OP and he can send you a link for them. Or he can update his post and host them on rav4world in an album

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just got my 2018 hybrid and it did come with a 12v socket on the back of the console for the rear seat

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here is an automotive wire gauge guide to assist everyone decide on the right gauge of wire to run based upon how many watts and amps you plan to run. I found it a handy chart....

Wire Size Calculator | GTSparkplugs

21 - 40 of 52 Posts