Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have done it, but if I remember right, it requires taking the center console out. Depending on your needs, when I installed heated seats, I could access everything I needed to from the area behind the glove box. Remove the glovebox and other paneling and I could fit my hand in behind to push the blank spaces out.

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE Plus
62 Posts
You guys doing this mod, have found the second outlet in the front yet..? (Took me 2 months..)

Sent fra min Moto G (5) Plus via Tapatalk
It took me about a week for me to find it on mine, I went ahead and added an internal LED to locate it easier at night time.
20191010_194630.jpg

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE Plus
62 Posts
Anyone know how I can remove the panel with the buttons above on 2015 Rav4?
You have to remove the center console between the seats. I gorget what needs to come off but you have to unscrew the shifter knob, you remove the e-brake boot, once that is remove then you have more leverage to remove the top portion on the console. Then you can take out the painted vessel located to on the left side of the panel that you want to remove, that will reveal a Phillips screw (I almost skipped this and nearly broke that tab). Using a trim removal tool you have to pry out the plastic cover inside the rectangular slot right beneath the panel, this will reveal another phillips screw. You open up the center console remove the carpet mat inside and you remove the four 10mm bolts. On each side of the center console (underneath the glove box and the drivers side kick panel) there will be a rectangular cover that is held down with pins... remove those and that will reveal the last screws that hold the center console; remove rest of the console and then you can pull out the panel you're asking for. I apologize for not having pictures I didn't think about taking pictures when I removed mine. Trying to explain it by memory.

Good luck

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE Plus
62 Posts
BTW, I was going to share my addition on this thread but I got sidetracked. I added a dual USB charger they're QC 3.0 technology which charges phablets a lot faster, I tapped into the front cigarette lighter power, those already have fuses so I figure I didn't need another fuse where is hard to get to or requires to remove panels and such. Another reason I liked this particular style is that the actual USB ports have background LED so they're easy to locate at night plus the case is
20190812_201638.jpg
made out of aluminum

Here's where I got mine:

·
Registered
163 Posts
BTW, I was going to share my addition on this thread but I got sidetracked. I added a dual USB charger they're QC 3.0 technology which charges phablets a lot faster, I tapped into the front cigarette lighter power, those already have fuses so I figure I didn't need another fuse where is hard to get to or requires to remove panels and such. Another reason I liked this particular style is that the actual USB ports have background LED so they're easy to locate at night plus the case is View attachment 146142 made out of aluminum

View attachment 146142

Here's where I got mine:
How did you access the cig lighter wiring?

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE Plus
62 Posts
How did you access the cig lighter wiring?
I removed the center console, plus I also removed the panel that has the ECO/Sport buttons, I needed to do this anyways to add my Qi wireless charger. The wires should be white with black stripe and a light grey.

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE AWD
8 Posts
Thanks to everyone here that chimed in, I read every comment. Did this on a 2013 RAV4

Bought a pair of sockets on amazon, one being a QC 3.0 dual USB charger and the other a standard 12V socket.

Both have their own online 10A fuse and then T-tapped to one line to the front going under center console and across to fuse panel to add-a-fuse to the 10A sunroof since someone mentioned this being always hot.

Grounding wires connected together and bolted down.

Used a 1-1/4 hole saw drill bit from Bosch with Arbor. Worked great cut right through easily. Did it in the grass, no spin and had Pre-drilled pilot holes.

I think it looks oem.

https://imgur.com/a/xQz8QGTImgur album

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE Plus
62 Posts
Thanks to everyone here that chimed in, I read every comment. Did this on a 2013 RAV4

Bought a pair of sockets on amazon, one being a QC 3.0 dual USB charger and the other a standard 12V socket.

Both have their own online 10A fuse and then T-tapped to one line to the front going under center console and across to fuse panel to add-a-fuse to the 10A sunroof since someone mentioned this being always hot.

Grounding wires connected together and bolted down.

Used a 1-1/4 hole saw drill bit from Bosch with Arbor. Worked great cut right through easily. Did it in the grass, no spin and had Pre-drilled pilot holes.

I think it looks oem.

Imgur album
Looks good man, that blue backlight looks different than mine. Just not sure if I would have the QC 3.0 dual USB always on, that may drain your battery over a few days without starting it. Specially now that we don't use cars that much.

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE AWD
8 Posts
Yeah I was wondering about that. I figured maybe just the LED would be on which is negligible but I don’t think the charger would pull power unless it was being used. Regardless, you’re right at this point I should move the add-a-fuse to an accessory on.

Random, but I did have a larger battery installed and it fits the tray just fine. I saw others mention this but I think it’s some F size.

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE Plus
62 Posts
When I was checking for consumption, my particular dual charger was right around 300 milliamps without being used. Which is probably not much if you use your car daily

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE AWD
8 Posts
When I was checking for consumption, my particular dual charger was right around 300 milliamps without being used. Which is probably not much if you use your car daily
I have begun driving a bit more, but I went ahead and just moved the add-a-fuse to the power outlet 15A slot. No biggie. It's so damn hot in FL I can't see myself needing a charge when the car isn't on. It would be on with the AC blasting =)

41 - 52 of 52 Posts