Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2016 RAV4 XLE AWD today in Super White. Was getting used to no car payments, but the wife wanted something new + our 2009 Matrix is acting weird (intermittent electrical gremlins).

Didn't really need something bigger than our current 3rd gen RAV4 - just have enough height to see over other cars in traffic, get good MPG, and big enough to carry two kids and all their stuff. AWD would be a plus for when the weather gets slippery - driving on sand when hitting the beach.

Hoping that this one will run as well as our 3rd gen RAV4 - which has been pretty rock solid, aside from the issues with the rear suspension links (epoxy fix looks terrible) and the recent rear seat belt snafu.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, pics are coming - want to take them as proof that this car was clean at one point. With two kids - that car will be destroyed from the inside out in a pretty short time.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Seat covers and WeatherTech mats/Husky liners are your friends :)
Congrats on the purchase.

I have a no eating/drinking policy in my RAV but sometimes the wife breaks the rules :(

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
I have a no eating/drinking policy in my RAV but sometimes the wife breaks the rules :(
Same here, but my wife knows better! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seat covers and WeatherTech mats/Husky liners are your friends :)
Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks!

Yup - have a set of WeatherTech Digital mats in the 2009 Rav4 - perfect fit and easy to clean - the carpet looks like new. Still have to figure out the car seats - haven't found a set that I really like yet.

Got the Toyota OEM rubber all-weather mats thrown in as part of the purchase deal. Now looking at something a little bit heavier for the rear cargo mat - as the OEM one I have is but pretty thin.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here, but my wife knows better! :)
Yeah - fortunately/unfortunately, this will be my wife's new daily driver.

She likes to use the car as her personal sanctuary to get out of the office and eat her lunch in peace / decompress (she's a senior consultant - works with govvies, contractors, and armed forces personnel - tries to keep the peace between then all as they work on various projects :laugh).

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Yeah - fortunately/unfortunately, this will be my wife's new daily driver.

She likes to use the car as her personal sanctuary to get out of the office and eat her lunch in peace / decompress (she's a senior consultant - works with govvies, contractors, and armed forces personnel - tries to keep the peace between then all as they work on various projects :laugh).
Oh, so she's really a 0:) then! :wink

1 - 8 of 8 Posts