Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I just bought an '07 rav4 yesterday, and it has a CD player (what kind of sick joke is that?!).

The guy at the dealership told me it would be pretty easy to add a USB (he may have said aux cable, either one is fine by me).

I'm just wondering if that is as easy as he made it sound, how much the part(s) would typically cost or be, and what my mechanic may charge so I know I'm not getting ripped off too badly.

Thanks!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,889 Posts
Your RAV already has an AUX port. Look inside the center console.

And what's wrong with a CD player that plays MP3's? Mine is a 6-disc player and I can load up about 12 hours of music in there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

And what's wrong with a CD player that plays MP3's? Mine is a 6-disc player and I can load up about 12 hours of music in there.

I checked the console, but I'll check again as soon as the dealership does their thing. As for a CD player? I have far too much music to burn CDs for all of it..

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,889 Posts
I checked the console, but I'll check again as soon as the dealership does their thing. As for a CD player? I have far too much music to burn CDs for all of it..
And remember, there is a LOWER and UPPER level on the console. In the LOWER level, you should find both a 12V power jack and an audio AUX jack.

·
Registered
10 Posts
And remember, there is a LOWER and UPPER level on the console. In the LOWER level, you should find both a 12V power jack and an audio AUX jack.
Can confirm. 07' owner here - they are kinda hard to see since they are all black surrounded by black, but keep on looking. It will be towards the engine / front end.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

I think this will be a standard audio jack though, not a USB?

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,889 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone

Thanks everyone, turns out I do have the aux thing in my center console.

You are all wonderful.

·
Super Moderator
11,457 Posts
I only listen to FM radio and CD's so please forgive me as I have sinned according to the younger and wiser :lol::lol::lol: crowd. Nice start, let's see who else you can offend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts