I wouldn't try anything like this, don't lose your master key by accident. Techstream is easy to use just get it, or go to a locksmith who could do exactly this process for you.
I don’t have the techstream yet, but have a problem with trying to set a new dot key immobilizer. When I tried the key in/out 5x, then open/close door 6x, the security light flashes. I can only guess that means the memory is full. After digging around, it looks like the rav4 needs to be reset/reseeded. I happened to find one shop that claims there are procedures called “pedal dancing” to register or delete keys. I’m a little worried as I only have one master key.
Has anyone ever heard of this?
To Delete all keys other than present master key
1. Make sure all windows are rolled up & doors are shut.
2. From outside LOCK the door with the key.
3. From outside UNLOCK the door with the key.
4. Enter vehicle, close all of the doors, but do not lock them.
5. Start the engine.
6. Turn engine off & remove key.
7. Simultaneously depress & release brake & gas pedals 1 time.
8. Place master key in the ignition lock. (DO NOT TURN ON.)
9. Within 15 seconds press & release the gas pedal 6 times.
10. Within 20 seconds, forcefully press & release the brake pedal 7 times. The Security light will blink.
11. Within 10 seconds, remove the master key. All other keys should be deleted from the car’s computer.