Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wouldn't try anything like this, don't lose your master key by accident. Techstream is easy to use just get it, or go to a locksmith who could do exactly this process for you.

I don’t have the techstream yet, but have a problem with trying to set a new dot key immobilizer. When I tried the key in/out 5x, then open/close door 6x, the security light flashes. I can only guess that means the memory is full. After digging around, it looks like the rav4 needs to be reset/reseeded. I happened to find one shop that claims there are procedures called “pedal dancing” to register or delete keys. I’m a little worried as I only have one master key.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

To Delete all keys other than present master key
1. Make sure all windows are rolled up & doors are shut.
2. From outside LOCK the door with the key.
3. From outside UNLOCK the door with the key.
4. Enter vehicle, close all of the doors, but do not lock them.
5. Start the engine.
6. Turn engine off & remove key.
7. Simultaneously depress & release brake & gas pedals 1 time.
8. Place master key in the ignition lock. (DO NOT TURN ON.)
9. Within 15 seconds press & release the gas pedal 6 times.
10. Within 20 seconds, forcefully press & release the brake pedal 7 times. The Security light will blink.
11. Within 10 seconds, remove the master key. All other keys should be deleted from the car’s computer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks to both of you. While i wait for the techstream to arrive, would anyone happen to know what is inside the actual cord? Is there a standard these diagnostic equipment builders used when ringing out the continuity from OBDii to USB?
I have a Rovacom system that has the full obdii pinout- to a serial face interface- to a serial/USB and then a vehicle server for the rovacom program. Aside from the server, the techstream looks like a shortened version of the rovacom.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks to both of you. While i wait for the techstream to arrive, would anyone happen to know what is inside the actual cord? Is there a standard these diagnostic equipment builders used when ringing out the continuity from OBDii to USB?
I have a Rovacom system that has the full obdii pinout- to a serial face interface- to a serial/USB and then a vehicle server for the rovacom program. Aside from the server, the techstream looks like a shortened version of the rovacom.
There's some logic in the cable and it has a firmware so not direct connect to USB. Usually you get a knock-off cable from China which does the job but don't try to do a firmware update as some users have reported a bricked cable after FW upgrade attempt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What im doing wrong ? Im trying to program the tranponder chip and get an error every time "programming failed to get ECU respond" something like that. I bought a complete key with RFID inside and 4D67 transponder chip. Now i go to the errors section on techstream and it says the imobilizer error is "encryption code not match" or something similar.. it could be my transponder ? Maybe its not matching to this model ? I spend 4 days on this please help me. Thanks

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
What im doing wrong ? Im trying to program the tranponder chip and get an error every time "programming failed to get ECU respond" something like that. I bought a complete key with RFID inside and 4D67 transponder chip. Now i go to the errors section on techstream and it says the imobilizer error is "encryption code not match" or something similar.. it could be my transponder ? Maybe its not matching to this model ? I spend 4 days on this please help me. Thanks

You need to list your year, model. and if its a push start or keyfob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
[/QUOTE]you need to list your year, model. and if its a push start or keyfob.[/QUOTE]

toyota rav4 premium plus ("sport" in other countries) 2008 with keyfob.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
you need to list your year, model. and if its a push start or keyfob.[/QUOTE]

toyota rav4 premium plus ("sport" in other countries) 2008 with keyfob.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you got the right key fob? You are talking about programming the IMMOBILIZER? Did you follow all the steps? What version techstream are you using? Maybe try earlier version . v10 was a good one!

You can contact the seller to make sure it's compatible with your Rav4

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Toyota-Scion-Keyless-Entry-Remote-Fob-Car-Ignition-Uncut-Key-89070-42670/362298187431?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=20131003132420&meid=dc237b5eb5e04369a136d290b085b3f7&pid=100005&rk=6&rkt=12&sd=253832170252&itm=362298187431&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
I started this thread for N. American RAV4 owners. The programming instructions work here where the key fob transmitters are regulated by the FCC. We don't know what country you are in or what country your RAV4 was built for, but it likely uses a different encryption protocol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Help with lost smart key key fob situation

I bought a used RAV4 2011 Limited 1.5 years ago. It came with one smart key fob. (The other one had been lost).

I purchased 2 more on ebay through allkeyless llc "Unlocked TOYOTA RAV4 SUV smart key keyless entry remote fob transmitter HYQ14AEM".

I had both of them cut and programmed and they work great.

My wife & I each had a key, and we had a spare. (3 of ours, plus the mysteriously lost one from whoever owned the vehicle before us, so 4 Total Smart Key Fobs have been "matched" to the vehicle)

My wife most likely just lost hers, so we are down to 2 smart key fobs.

Here is my question. I am pretty sure the locksmith mentioned that only 4 Smart Keys are allowed to "matched" to the RAV at one time. From what I understand, my vehicle has had 4 smart keys matched, and 2 are now gone. There are only 2 left that are matched.

Does anyone recommend how they can "reset" this situation? As if I buy another unlocked one from ebay can a locksmith reset the vehicle matching, and then rematch all the 3 keys FOBS, and then reprogram all three, and only have to cut the new one that I bought?

I want to make another spare, so we don't end up in a crappy situation with only one key, and I don't want to go pay the dealer tons of money to do this crap.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a used RAV4 2011 Limited 1.5 years ago. It came with one smart key fob. (The other one had been lost).

I purchased 2 more on ebay through allkeyless llc "Unlocked TOYOTA RAV4 SUV smart key keyless entry remote fob transmitter HYQ14AEM".

I had both of them cut and programmed and they work great.

My wife & I each had a key, and we had a spare. (3 of ours, plus the mysteriously lost one from whoever owned the vehicle before us, so 4 Total Smart Key Fobs have been "matched" to the vehicle)

My wife most likely just lost hers, so we are down to 2 smart key fobs.

Here is my question. I am pretty sure the locksmith mentioned that only 4 Smart Keys are allowed to "matched" to the RAV at one time. From what I understand, my vehicle has had 4 smart keys matched, and 2 are now gone. There are only 2 left that are matched.

Does anyone recommend how they can "reset" this situation? As if I buy another unlocked one from ebay can a locksmith reset the vehicle matching, and then rematch all the 3 keys FOBS, and then reprogram all three, and only have to cut the new one that I bought?

I want to make another spare, so we don't end up in a crappy situation with only one key, and I don't want to go pay the dealer tons of money to do this crap.

Thanks for any help.
Techstream can delete the lost keys, or you can do a complete erase and re enter the keys you have. If you YT, there’s channels showing people how to use Techstream - to- resetting an ECU to factory default using a breadboard and windows based computer. Everything is possible, it’s all about what you’re comfortable with. Speedkar99 is a good one for FOB-key installs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A Mini-VCI driver install question please...

I want to program a new FOB key for a used 2017 Rav4 that I bought two weeks ago.

Steps I have done so far:

1. I bought the Mini-VCI J2534 cable with no install CD.

2. I downloaded and unzipped TechStream v13.00.022 from here:
blog.obdii365.com/2018/03/26/install-mini-vci-toyota-techstream-v13-00-022/

3. I tried to run "MVCI Driver for TOYOTA.msi" and saw an install error because my laptop is 64-bit Windows 10.

4. I did following steps to install device driver manually:

www ft86club com/forums/showthread.php?t=73034

a. msiexec /a "C:\temp\MVCI Driver for TOYOTA.msi" /qb TARGETDIR=c:\temp\mvci

b. Delete the “MVCI Driver for TOYOTA.msi” there. (Now go into C:\Program Files (x86) and then create a new folder called "XHorse Electronics" and then inside of that folder create another called "MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS") Then copy the whole content of c:\temp\mvci to "C:\Program Files (x86)\XHorse Electronics\MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS"

c. Plug the MINI VCI cable to the USB port.

d. Open the Device Manager and locate the two failing devices in the list. Both will appear with yellow icon (usually under “Other”), indicating that Windows failed to install drivers for them. Now, right click each failing device, select Install Driver, then “Browse my Computer…” and point it for "C:\Program Files (x86)\XHorse Electronics\MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS" (enable the “include subfolders” flag). Click “Next”

e. wait until drivers are installed.

Everything worked until step (4e). Instead of seeing "driver installed" message, I saw "no driver found" message.

Is there another "MVCI Driver for TOYOTA.msi" version that I can download and try?

Thanks for all pointers!
Philip

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
A Mini-VCI driver install question please...

I want to program a new FOB key for a used 2017 Rav4 that I bought two weeks ago.

Steps I have done so far:

1. I bought the Mini-VCI J2534 cable with no install CD.

2. I downloaded and unzipped TechStream v13.00.022 from here:
blog.obdii365.com/2018/03/26/install-mini-vci-toyota-techstream-v13-00-022/

3. I tried to run "MVCI Driver for TOYOTA.msi" and saw an install error because my laptop is 64-bit Windows 10.

4. I did following steps to install device driver manually:

www ft86club com/forums/showthread.php?t=73034

a. msiexec /a "C:\temp\MVCI Driver for TOYOTA.msi" /qb TARGETDIR=c:\temp\mvci

b. Delete the “MVCI Driver for TOYOTA.msi” there. (Now go into C:\Program Files (x86) and then create a new folder called "XHorse Electronics" and then inside of that folder create another called "MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS") Then copy the whole content of c:\temp\mvci to "C:\Program Files (x86)\XHorse Electronics\MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS"

c. Plug the MINI VCI cable to the USB port.

d. Open the Device Manager and locate the two failing devices in the list. Both will appear with yellow icon (usually under “Other”), indicating that Windows failed to install drivers for them. Now, right click each failing device, select Install Driver, then “Browse my Computer…” and point it for "C:\Program Files (x86)\XHorse Electronics\MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS" (enable the “include subfolders” flag). Click “Next”

e. wait until drivers are installed.

Everything worked until step (4e). Instead of seeing "driver installed" message, I saw "no driver found" message.

Is there another "MVCI Driver for TOYOTA.msi" version that I can download and try?

Thanks for all pointers!
Philip

You can always update to different version after you get one working

https://www.rav4world.com/forums/2646877-post397.html

http://blog.obdexpress.co.uk/2017/09/16/toyota-techstream-v12-windows-64bit-os-install/

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks for your quick reply. Your first link points to another link that contains MVCI driver download, but that download link is flagged by Chrome browser as dangerous:

www obd2vip com/html/mini-vci-for-toyota-tis-techstream-free-download-223.html[/url]

Is there another link for MVCI driver download I can try?

Thanks,
Philip

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

Thanks for your quick reply. Your first link points to another link that contains MVCI driver download, but that download link is flagged by Chrome browser as dangerous:

www obd2vip com/html/mini-vci-for-toyota-tis-techstream-free-download-223.html[/url]

Thanks,
Philip
If you have doubts about it then install it on an old laptop or netbook you might have that you don't use for anything else.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

Thanks,
Philip

You can download Techstream V13 with the files here.( You can also use just the MVCI DRIVER if that's all you need) Use the instructions from the other post to install on Windows 64! Upload good for 14 days

https://filebin.net/80d5oueapqdrb6gq

·
Registered
5 Posts
I started this thread for N. American RAV4 owners. The programming instructions work here where the key fob transmitters are regulated by the FCC. We don't know what country you are in or what country your RAV4 was built for, but it likely uses a different encryption protocol.
I'm from israel.. the names of the models are different here :rolleyes: but it dosen't matter because i realized that i can program the key without match the car region to the software. All you need is the "utility" option. In some "techstream versions" you don't see it.. after i reinstall an older version it worked for me. Also the 4D67 chip that i ordered from ebay was faulty.. i replaced it and everything works now. I programmed the immobilizer chip and the remote access control and its works perfect. Thank you all for this thread.

221 - 238 of 238 Posts
About this Discussion
237 Replies
61 Participants
Dror Hazan
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing