Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 S which did not offer the fog/driving lights as an option. They are only available in the L package, but not on other models. They are available as an option on the 05 S.

Has anyone done this on a 04? At the very least I want to fill those holes with something that looks better than those plugs the factory installed.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The factory fog lights are good and easy to install but can be expensive to get all the parts from the Toyota dealer. I opted to install aftermarket Hella fog lights, because they offer good performance for less than a $100, and I am not afraid to tear apart my Rav to install wiring.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which Hella fog lights are you referring to? Model #? Easy to fit in the blocked fog light area on the '04? Thanks.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Ravers,

speaking about fog lights I have a question:
Would a RAV4 4WD 2004 without fog lights have the wire harness in place so installing aftermarket fog lights wouldn't imply additional wires ?

Thank you and all the best,
Marian :?:

·
Registered
101 Posts
have a 2005 S rav, and planning to buy OEM fog lights on ebay... the only thing thats holding me now is that im not quite sure of how easy to install the wirings. I do have some idea bout the product that it comes with switch and wires, so all i should worry now is were to connect those wires.... hope some of you there could help me with this one. Just wanted to make sure about the wirings before buying those OEM fog lights. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
471 Posts
hey guys
I just did this mod on my Rav4. All the wiring harnesses, fuses, and evrything is already in place in your Rav. The guy at Toyota might have some problems with finding out what parts u need because u have to order each part seperatly. Here's a list of thing you need:
-Left Lamp
-Right Lamp
-Left Bracket
-Rught Bracket
-Swich
-Bulb (x2)
-Relay

Instalation is very easy. Just take off the front black fog cover plug in the new bulbs and attach lamps with brackets. The wires for the bulb might be a bit hard to find on the left side of the car( left when facing the front of the car), it's on the left right under the main lamp. Inside the car you have take the cove of your steering whel. Theres two screws under the wheel and you have to turn it to get to them, and one or two under it. Once you have the covers off pull down the old swich and put the new in and install the covers back on. And last but not least is the hardest part I found to be the hardest, Installing the relay. The whole instalation part isn't hard but I had HUGE trouble finding the relay box inside the car. On the left side theres a little compartment that you can remove. Behind it is a fuse box which has a fuse for fogs (it should be already in place), and right behind the fuses is the relay box. You have reach and feel and try to find the place that is missing a relay I think it's the 2nd from the left. When you find it just push it in and your done. It's a quick job when you know what your doing. it took me whole day because I couldnt find the realy box and wires on the left.

BTW Toyota dealer won't do this mod for you. I dont know why.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Whoa! Caveat Emptor!

purantoy said:
have a 2005 S RAV, and planning to buy OEM fog lights on ebay... the only thing thats holding me now is that im not quite sure of how easy to install the wirings. I do have some idea bout the product that it comes with switch and wires, so all i should worry now is were to connect those wires.... hope some of you there could help me with this one. Just wanted to make sure about the wirings before buying those OEM fog lights. Thanks in advance!
If you are referring to the RAV4 OEM fogs from the seller called "Trendgear".... I too was interested in these foglites.

I tried the "ask the seller a question" via eBay 3 times. Never replied.
Checked the feedback - mixed with negatives and some neutrals.

IIRC, there is another seller on eBay selling the EXACT SAME LIGHTS, even down to the pix. I'd bet they are the same folks as "Trendgear", because - like Trendgear - they didn't answer any questions either.

And their feedback is mixed too.

The way I figure, if a seller is legit, or their product is legit, they're gonna be anxious to reply to questions so as to sell their products. These chuckleheads don't even bother.

If I were you, I'd stay away from these suspicious eBay folks and follow Alien18's advice on adding your own fogs with the genuine Toyota parts. That's what I plan to do.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Alien18 said:
hey guys
I just did this mod on my RAV4. All the wiring harnesses, fuses, and evrything is already in place in your RAV. The guy at Toyota might have some problems with finding out what parts u need because u have to order each part seperatly. Here's a list of thing you need:
-Left Lamp
-Right Lamp
-Left Bracket
-Rught Bracket
-Swich
-Bulb (x2)
-Relay

Instalation is very easy.
THANK YOU ALIEN18 !!

·
Registered
87 Posts
ser02rav4 said:
I was referring the Hella/Optilux fog projectors mod.1002, also I know that some Hella fog lights have OM fitment including RAV4. I gonna ask friend of mine who installed Hella driving lights into 2005 model what modenl did he use for it.
By chance, were you able to find out from your friend which Hella lights he used that had the OEM fitment?

BTW, how are those Optilux 1002 projectors?
TIA!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2004 Rav 4 FOg light install advice

1. Installed OEM fog lights into existing harness (Thanks Toyota!)
2. Will install Fog light relay in fuse block
3. Will install switch inot existing harness switch behind switch blanks.

Is it that simple?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts