Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, maybe someone can help me because i'm at a loss....

I have a 2014 LE. I received my fog lights from Amazon. I used the existing front connectors and wired a new switch into pin 36 (not fun!). I wired the red switch wire into the VCS red wire and grounded the switch to the existing screw behind the lower airbag. I have the factory relay installed and yet I don't hear it click and no lights. The switch illuminated with parking and headlights.
My Rav was built in Canada and one thing I noticed is that I don't have a fog light indicator in the gauge cluster.

Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I had it wired as suggested but the lights never engaged. I ended up going through the passenger side grommet with the supplied harness and now it works.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Okay, maybe someone can help me because i'm at a loss....

I have a 2014 LE. I received my fog lights from Amazon. I used the existing front connectors and wired a new switch into pin 36 (not fun!). I wired the red switch wire into the VCS red wire and grounded the switch to the existing screw behind the lower airbag. I have the factory relay installed and yet I don't hear it click and no lights. The switch illuminated with parking and headlights.
My Rav was built in Canada and one thing I noticed is that I don't have a fog light indicator in the gauge cluster.

Any ideas? Thanks!
I got the same problem, first time it work but second time it doesnt. just change your switch to the ground circuit switch 100% it work.this is my 2014 rav4 fog light

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Toyota Rav4 LE AWD
62 Posts
I thought all the vehicles were pre-wired for fogs and just needed to connect the switch to ground pin that controls the fog light circuit, insert the relay into empty factory location and insert fuse into factory location to activate. The wires that actually connect to the fog lights should already be there (tied up behind the front bumper somewhere). Or was that for the earlier models.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I thought all the vehicles were pre-wired for fogs and just needed to connect the switch to ground pin that controls the fog light circuit, insert the relay into empty factory location and insert fuse into factory location to activate. The wires that actually connect to the fog lights should already be there (tied up behind the front bumper somewhere). Or was that for the earlier models.
Yes that is exactly how it works, but a lot of people installing the aftermarket kits get tripped up with the switch wiring due to the LEDs that are built into the switch. The LEDs a positive voltage to operate at the same time a GND is needed to activate the foglight circuit. Most all of the switches are wire to apple a positive to the foglight circuit, and thus the lights will not work. The quickest and dirtiest solution is to forgo the LEDs and wire a simple toggle switch between the foglight circuit and GND.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts