Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2015 Rav4 used and do not have a manual, where is the 12v power located? I am adding interior neon lighting as well as under the car and will need to connect it. Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just finished this on my wife's 2013 XLE. I added outside courtesy LED lighting on each side and LED lighting at each footwell, front and rear.

First remove the negative cable from the battery and don't reconnect it until all wiring is completed.

The second picture shows the location and color of wires for the ground connections of each door and for the dome light ground.

Use a fuse tab to supply the 12 volts to the LEDs. I've got a 10 AMP fuse installed for the LEDs. Basically, set your LED strips where you want them. Run all the wires up to the fuse box location under the dash at the driver's side. Connect all the red (positive +) wires to the fuse tab. Connect each ground wire to the corresponding location: The LED lighting driver's footwell, the black (negative -) wire will connect to the White wire, dash fuse box, white 40 pin plug (3E) Pin 40. You can use a wire tab, or tin the wire end and stick in down into where the wire comes out of the connector to achieve a connection. When you open the driver's door, the driver's footwell will light up. Complete the other three doors the same way.

I installed the courtesy lighting to the running boards, but they can also be installed directly to the underbody right beneath the doors. When the ground is connected to the Dome supervisor gray wire, LEDs light up when unlock is pressed, or any door opened. They basically mimic the whatever the dome light is doing. Watch the second video on how you install the wiring to the inside and also how you can waterproof the LEDs even further.

Hope this helps you out.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just finished this on my wife's 2013 XLE. I added outside courtesy LED lighting on each side and LED lighting at each footwell, front and rear.

First remove the negative cable from the battery and don't reconnect it until all wiring is completed.

The second picture shows the location and color of wires for the ground connections of each door and for the dome light ground.

Use a fuse tab to supply the 12 volts to the LEDs. I've got a 10 AMP fuse installed for the LEDs. Basically, set your LED strips where you want them. Run all the wires up to the fuse box location under the dash at the driver's side. Connect all the red (positive +) wires to the fuse tab. Connect each ground wire to the corresponding location: The LED lighting driver's footwell, the black (negative -) wire will connect to the White wire, dash fuse box, white 40 pin plug (3E) Pin 40. You can use a wire tab, or tin the wire end and stick in down into where the wire comes out of the connector to achieve a connection. When you open the driver's door, the driver's footwell will light up. Complete the other three doors the same way.

I installed the courtesy lighting to the running boards, but they can also be installed directly to the underbody right beneath the doors. When the ground is connected to the Dome supervisor gray wire, LEDs light up when unlock is pressed, or any door opened. They basically mimic the whatever the dome light is doing. Watch the second video on how you install the wiring to the inside and also how you can waterproof the LEDs even further.

Hope this helps you out.

Have a good day.
Wow, you are da boss!!!! Thank you so much!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts