Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I downloaded the update and copied the file to a flash drive formatted fat32. I plugged the flash drive into the dongle. Then I plugged the dongle into the usb charger for my phone. Waited about 4 minutes until the blue and red LEDs were lite on the dongle.

I went to the car...

I plugged the dongle into the car with the car in accessory mode. A screen appeared with a WiFi SID and password. Went to my phone and connected to that sid. The SID appeared on the phone but did not appear to connect but I continued. On my chrome browser went to 192.168.50.2. At first nothing happened and then tried scanning the QR code and then the update screen appeared. Not sure if the IP address or scanning the code made the update screen appear. The update screen was part bad English, part Chinese. Clicked update. Status bar appeared and it progressed towards 100%. At that point I rebooted the device via the car radio screen and the new connect interface appeared.

On a side note the return address is indeed in China. And the company stated a $25 restocking fee still applies even though the android functionality was a complete buggy mess. Especially true now that the android functionality has been reduced to screen mirroring. I will continue my PayPal dispute until a USA return address is received AND my refund is received and no restocking fee applied
When I hook up to the device network all I get is network error that shows up

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I downloaded the update and copied the file to a flash drive formatted fat32. I plugged the flash drive into the dongle. Then I plugged the dongle into the usb charger for my phone. Waited about 4 minutes until the blue and red LEDs were lite on the dongle.

I went to the car...

I plugged the dongle into the car with the car in accessory mode. A screen appeared with a WiFi SID and password. Went to my phone and connected to that sid. The SID appeared on the phone but did not appear to connect but I continued. On my chrome browser went to 192.168.50.2. At first nothing happened and then tried scanning the QR code and then the update screen appeared. Not sure if the IP address or scanning the code made the update screen appear. The update screen was part bad English, part Chinese. Clicked update. Status bar appeared and it progressed towards 100%. At that point I rebooted the device via the car radio screen and the new connect interface appeared.

On a side note the return address is indeed in China. And the company stated a $25 restocking fee still applies even though the android functionality was a complete buggy mess. Especially true now that the android functionality has been reduced to screen mirroring. I will continue my PayPal dispute until a USA return address is received AND my refund is received and no restocking fee applied
did it happen to send the device back to china if yes how miluch the mail charge thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
These clowns responded to my email where is my unit 15 days after shipped. They responded dont worry once it hits your country it will show in tracking can not wait to get this pos and send it back based on comments in this thread Paypal dispute already filed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Still waiting on my unit shipped on 11/30/19. Paypal dispute already filed and the vendor has yet to respond to dispute.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had ordered the Carlinkit via amazon and couldn’t get it to work with wireless CP back in sept-oct and ultimately gave up. Manufacturer via WhatsApp sent me 3 different firmwares during that period to try. Return shipping was $60 so I ended up not returning even though I was promised a refund. Tried on 2019 rav4, 18 Camry and 19 Camry.

ended up using the magnetic cables from the thread posted above and they’ve worked great.

For those of you that have CarPlay working can you dm/share the img file you used please?

·
Registered
40 Posts
PayPal just closed my claim in my favor and will refund $160.00 for non response from this vendor. Let this be a warning to anyone thinking of getting it. I still have not received it since shipped on 113019 from seller.

Ian B

·
Registered
40 Posts
still waiting for the dongle sent on 11/30/19. Too bad paypal already gave me the refund after dispute in my favor. Wonder if I ever get it, I should decline the delivery?

·
Registered
40 Posts
module showed up yesterday 123019 but told usps I am declining it and send it back. Shows in usps.com as declined and being sent back. I already got full refund from paypal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had to dispute the charge with my credit card (used for payment through PayPal). I got 2 different return addresses, one China and one in Lithuani. The Lithuanian address is the one provided through my papal dispute. USPS could not ship to the address provided. Also if, you follow the customs directions ($10 usb cable) it cannot be insured for the selling price ($160). And a non-insured product would get “lost”. Since I couldn’t provide a shipping address papal closed the case in favor of the seller.

This product and seller is a complete scam.

Good choice that you returned to sender!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had to dispute the charge with my credit card (used for payment through PayPal). I got 2 different return addresses, one China and one in Lithuani. The Lithuanian address is the one provided through my papal dispute. USPS could not ship to the address provided. Also if, you follow the customs directions ($10 usb cable) it cannot be insured for the selling price ($160). And a non-insured product would get “lost”. Since I couldn’t provide a shipping address papal closed the case in favor of the seller.

This product and seller is a complete scam.

Good choice that you returned to sender!
i had the same problem i sent an empty box just to be trackable to china address i am dorry to do this i never been that kind of person never took something i didnt pay for but i notice this a compleate scam is charging 160 for a piece of shit then they gave a harder time to return it even more cost because i paid for return so OK let me screw them up i sent empty package and paypal gave me my money back because the tracking info says Delivered SoORRY they started the fraud and unremarkable shit

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered mine on 18 January and received it today 22 January. I hooked it up and performed the update flawlessly. I just tested the delay with my wife and there is a delay, but not enough to disrupt the call. I plugged in a USB to the dongle and the delay was not as pronounced but there was still a delay. I was able to use SIRI with no problem. I am very happy with this product. I have an iPhone 11 Pro and I have a 2019 RAV4 Adventure with the 8” JBL system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am glad your adapter works for you, I tried everything possible to get the update to work and can not get past the screen to update. I have an android phone and this may be the problem getting the update to function. Good luck with your carplay2air adapter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carplay2Air
I purchased the dongle and had lots of problems with it connecting reliably. Support from the company is poor and you are correct that they do not post anything less than 4 stars. However the latest IOS update to 13.3.1 seems to have dramatically improved the connection and reliability of the dongle. Working very well at this point.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Carplay2Air
I purchased the dongle and had lots of problems with it connecting reliably. Support from the company is poor and you are correct that they do not post anything less than 4 stars. However the latest IOS update to 13.3.1 seems to have dramatically improved the connection and reliability of the dongle. Working very well at this point.
I love my device, I have been traveling for the last week and at times it has a few issues connecting, but always gets connected and work flawlessly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I declined delivery of this item and the USPS sent it back over a month ago. Yesterday, I have a package in the mail and it was this pos sent to me. I already got my money refunded from paypal after filing a dispute. I went ahead and update the software per instructions, hooked it to the RAV4 and paired with iphone. All works for the iphone wirelessly with about 2-3 delay when pushing a button. As far as the Android Auto, that does not work and does not work with the Galaxy Fold pluged to the unit via usb cable. I think the update dropped the AA function which was the only reason I bought this cheap crap. Checked my paypal account and not charged again. Will throw it in the pile of junk. No use for wireless carplay if the car already has carplay.

Ian B

·
Registered
5 Posts
same scenario happend here AA doesn't work but its like a screen mirroring and i had to use a aux cable plunged between the phone and car for sound and usb cable from the dongle to the phone way too many wires to just mirroring android phone nah dont need it

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also an IPhone 11 pro user (rav4 2019)and I was thinking about getting the dongle. Do you notice any issues with the steering wheel controls?
I ordered mine on 18 January and received it today 22 January. I hooked it up and performed the update flawlessly. I just tested the delay with my wife and there is a delay, but not enough to disrupt the call. I plugged in a USB to the dongle and the delay was not as pronounced but there was still a delay. I was able to use SIRI with no problem. I am very happy with this product. I have an iPhone 11 Pro and I have a 2019 RAV4 Adventure with the 8” JBL system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was looking for a wireless apple CarPlay solution prior to receiving my car. After using the iPhone connected to a cable, I honestly do not miss wireless CarPlay. It takes only two second to connect the cable, about the same time as placing the phone in a wireless charger dock. It connect fast and reliably to the head unit, CarPlay is connecting very fast and the phone has fast charging. The phone seats safely in the cabby, without the need to install a dock for the phone. I have two wireless car chargers/docks and I didn't even bother to install them.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts