Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RAV just came in and we are waiting to pick it up. I have already addressed the issue of the cup holders with the dealer and she is going to see if she has the tech people do something or at least note that is it an issue. If there is not resolution we will prpbably try the tape roll method.
I also addressed the sub rattle from the JBL system. She is going to see if that will be take care of before we pick it up.
I cant wait to drive my new RAV. We bought the V6 limited, Everglade Metallic compltetly loaded only missing DVD and we figure we can buy a portable that we can also use on our boat. We chose leather because we have a 10 month old and we know its much easier to keep clean with kids. Only question is, does the RAV have LATCH for the carseat? This is probably something we should have asked before but it never crossed our minds.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
I know the RAV supports the LATCH system... I'll have to dig up the location though... Don't remember off the top of my head... :?

However, the lower LATCH anchors are typically located between the back and lower seat cushions and the upper anchors are usually at the top of the seatback... I think the RAV's are all the way down at the bottom of the seatback's backside.

Car-Safety.Org Information on LATCH ( Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren )

LATCH: A system that makes child safety seat installation easier without using seat belts.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will have to ask at the dealership when we go pick her up.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Definitely has LATCH - this has been a requirement on new cars since September 2002.

The location of the upper tethers vary when you're talking about a wagon or SUV. In my Subaru wagon the upper tethers for the outboard locations are on the lower inner frame of the cargo door and for the centre location, on the ceiling. Sure makes getting the kid seats in and out a lot easier.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew it was a requirement but I wasnt sure if that was only on cars or all vehicles.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I read through the manual the other day and it does list LATCH anchors (with diagrams) between the seat backs and seat cushions. Haven't visually inspected it yet though. There are also anchors for tethers. They are pretty far down the seat back in the left and right seat positions and hidden by fabric. There is a little diagram next to the slit in the fabric for the anchor. In the center seat position, the tether anchor is in the rear back ceiling.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
BarnyFife said:
The cup holders seem fine to me. Would not have thought twice about it.
Same here, never had a problem with the cupholders. When it comes down to it, if all one can complain about on a car is the cupholders, then it must be one heck of a car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've found the cupholders fit the large Gatorade bottles, that's about it.

Back on the topic at hand, there are latches for car seats in the back.

·
Registered
67 Posts
monetnj said:
I read through the manual the other day and it does list LATCH anchors (with diagrams) between the seat backs and seat cushions. Haven't visually inspected it yet though. There are also anchors for tethers. They are pretty far down the seat back in the left and right seat positions and hidden by fabric. There is a little diagram next to the slit in the fabric for the anchor. In the center seat position, the tether anchor is in the rear back ceiling.
I gave it a look yesterday and their are indeed LATCH anchors. If you look at the seat-backs towards where they meet the seat cushions, there are little symbols for the LATCH anchors to let you know about where to look between the cushions.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The G Man said:
I think there is a LATCH for the carseat, its on top near the hatch.
That is the Anchor. This is also carseat related, but different from LATCH. The LATCH connections, a smentioned, are between the bottom and back seat cushions. The Anchor is a backup system for forward-facing seats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts