Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I had to remove what Toyota calls the corner window trim panels, in order to remove the cowl as part of the wiring for the hitch. It's the trim piece on the bottom corners of the windshield that blends the side of the windshield to the top of the cowl.

The problem is I just can't get the top part to stay down against the windshield. I've tried a few versions of 3M VHB tape but nothing keeps the panels down.

These trim panels are held on by a couple clips and some type of double sided adhesive tape. Does anyone know what type of tape Toyota uses?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I actually have a same problem. The bodyshop who replaced my windshield ordered the parts from Toyota and they don't seem to stay down. We tried different adhesives and even tried different all purpose glue and doesn't seem to stay down.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's frustrating.

I stopped by a dealership yesterday and they gave me a few inches of the tape that they use for accessories, trim, etc. It's from 3M #06397. I haven't tried it yet as it's been raining, but hopefully it works. He said the other option was to order new trim which comes with the adhesive on it for $20 each, though I'm sure they can be found for less online I'd rather not have to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts