Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had two 2006 Prii for 10 years and now have a RAV4 Hybrid Limited. One difference we have noted is that the regenerative braking does not slow the car as much when we take our foot off the accelerator and are just "coasting". This means we actually have to put the foot on the brake pedal more often for slight slowing. Is this something that is adjustable? I don't want it to have the one-pedal driving feel of my brother-in-law's Tesla S 85D with very aggressive regenerative braking when you take your foot off the gas, but I would like a little more than I presently have. In the Tesla, you can change this setting and it would seem reasonable that you can in a Toyota as well, but I have found no reference to it.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
No, there's no adjusting that. Use the sport shifter if you want to play with it, but you'll lose some the regeneration that way. BTW, the Rav has regeneration both front and back so its getting more charge with less drag.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If I need to slow down, like going down a hill where the car might speed up too much with my foot off all the pedals, I just switch over to manual shifting. If you're cruising at a reasonable speed, you end up in 4th gear when you first move the shifter over. I find this keeps my speed down, then when I'm ready I switch the shifter back to the right and carry on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If I need to slow down, like going down a hill where the car might speed up too much with my foot off all the pedals, I just switch over to manual shifting. If you're cruising at a reasonable speed, you end up in 4th gear when you first move the shifter over. I find this keeps my speed down, then when I'm ready I switch the shifter back to the right and carry on.
Is it just me that doesn't get your comment about the 4th gear...don't all RAV4 Hybrid limited come with CVT?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well, it SAYS 4th gear - not really a gear because all hybrids do come with a CVT transmission. But it does slow down the car and you can pretend up & downshift!

Is it just me that doesn't get your comment about the 4th gear...don't all RAV4 Hybrid limited come with CVT?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts