Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out how to make the car stop beeping and blinking the lights when I use the driver side handle to lock and unlock the car.

I think I see where it is in the manual but I am not following.

Anyone know how to dumb it down for me?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
Depending on what you're driving/what radio it has, lock buzzer volume or on/off is set in the MID, or the Entune unit or by the dealer, it's in customization which starts on page 619 in the Hybrid manual, see page 623 for the details on the buzzer(beep) settings for smart key vehicles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can accomplish this using many of the OBDII devices you can find online. I have the Carista OBD2 adapter ( Hardware | Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization ) and their iOS app (they also have an Android app) that allows you to do that and many other things (for instance, changing the lane change indicator from 3 flashes to up to 7 flashes). The OBD adapter is $40 and it's another $20 for the app, so it's not exactly a cheap solution unless you have other vehicles and/or can split the cost with someone else. There are less expensive options, I'm sure. I bought mine to make a bunch of settings changes to a 2014 Camry I had and then have made similar changes to my '16 RAV4 XLE (and also to that of a friend). You don't indicate where you live, but if you (or anyone else reading this) live anywhere near central Tex-Ass, I'd be happy to hook you up!

C Ya! :)

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
I bought the Fotga, works great with WinXP, software runs fine on Win10 but I never got it to connect to the vehicle using the Win10 driver for the MVCI, so I just use it on the XP machine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts