Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am likely going to be getting a Limited Hybrid in the next few days.

In looking at the Advanced Tech Package it appears that the only thing it is adding is the Birds Eye View. Is that accurate? I just feel like for that price $1,400 additional cost that it should be adding more than that.

I just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything before I went with the standard model.

The things I want to be sure I have are the
- Radar Cruse Control,
- Brake Assist
- Integrated Nav
- Cross Traffic Alert

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't have that package on my Limited but have radar CC, nav, cross traffic alert, park assist.
package includes bird eye view plus upgraded sound system from what I recall. To me, it didn't justify additional cost

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is for the 2015 but I think it is true of 2016, I just did a copy and paste:

Technology
The 2015 Toyota RAV4 Limited outpaces the XLE in terms of standard tech features. Standard on the Limited trim are Smart Key System with Push Button Start, rear height-adjustable Power Liftgate, and Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror. Plus, the 2015 RAV4 Limited includes Entune Premium Audio with Navigation, App Suite, and Multimedia Bundle, while the navigation and app suite are only optional on the XLE. While the headlights of the 2015 RAV4 XLE turn off automatically, those of the Limited also turn on automatically.

Luxury
Luxurious interior is another hallmark of the 2015 RAV4 Limited. Occupants enjoy SofTex-trimmed seating, with leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift lever. Additionally, the front seats are heated and power-adjustable. The 2015 RAV4 XLE interior is fabric-trimmed and the seats are manually-adjustable. The Limited also has a more imposing exterior, with 18-inch wheels, as opposed to the XLE’s 17-inch wheels.

Options
With the purchase of a 2015 RAV4 Limited comes the option for even more features. Limited drivers can upgrade to JBL GreenEdge speakers for the best in audio quality. Also available is the Technology Package. This package adds Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane Departure Alert, and Automatic High Beams to the standard Star Safety System.

Plenty of Goodness in Common
Of course, these trims both include many of the awesome features that make a 2015 RAV4 a joy to drive. The 176-horsepower 2.5L engine and 6-speed automatic transmission boast a towing capacity of 1500 lbs. The 2015 RAV4 XLE gets up to 24/31 mpg*, while the Limited is estimated slightly lower, at 23/30 mpg*. Standard Fog Lights, Heated Side Mirrors with Integrated Turn Indicators, Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control, and Auto Up/Down Driver’s Window give these models the special touch of luxury.

Choose the most stylish and reliable crossover on the road. Your new 2015 RAV4 is waiting for you at Miller Toyota in Manassas, Virginia.

*Based on EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Hybrid only comes in 2016. Limited Hybrid includes BSM w/RCTA, LDA, auto high beams without tech package (I've used them all). One thing I can't figure out is if there's automatic precollision braking--and I'm not willing to try it. The park assist has been nice since there's really no excuse to hit the steel shelving in my garage anymore unlike in the previous car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
In Canada, you can get the Hybrid XLE or LTD, and the LTD can be ordered with the technology package which gives you Toyota Safety Sense (PCS, LDA, AHB & DRCC, 7" display w/Nav, JBL 11-spkr, front & rear parking assist & bird's-eye-view camera).
Anyone can view the brochure at:
https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/secure/vehicles/rav4-hybrid/brochure

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...The park assist has been nice since there's really no excuse to hit the steel shelving in my garage anymore unlike in the previous car.
HOw does the park assist work? Just beep if you are close to hitting something? Is it only for something directly a head or could it be at a corner like when you are back out of a spot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bird eye view and sound alerts are your best friend in tight city parking space! It's the only reason I got the limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I also went with the Advanced Tech Package, for the bird's eye view and upgraded sound system. It includes:

Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation18 and App Suite7 — includes the Entune™ Multimedia Bundle9 (7-in. high-resolution touch-screen with split-screen display, AM/FM radio, MP3/WMA playback capability, 11 JBL ® GreenEdge™ speakers including subwoofer, auxiliary audio jack, USB 2.0 port10 with iPod®11 connectivity and control, advanced voice recognition, 12 hands-free phone capability, phone book access and music streaming13 via Bluetooth®14 wireless technology), Siri® Eyes Free, 15 Entune® App Suite, 7 HD Radio, ™17 HD predictive traffic and Doppler weather overlay, AM/FM cache radio, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio16 with 3-month complimentary SiriusXM All Access trial, Gracenote® album cover art, and integrated backup camera display5 with projected path. Access to Entune™ services is subscription-free.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I believe another feature, unique to the Advanced Tech Package (in reference to the Limited Hybrid), is the integrated backup camera display with projected path. Projected path, being the difference.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I believe another feature, unique to the Advanced Tech Package (in reference to the Limited Hybrid), is the integrated backup camera display with projected path. Projected path, being the difference.

You can also see your path in bird eye view with your stealing wheels! Which made this function worth the extra bucks! It also shows how close your car to both sides to other cars when you have to pass a tight double parked street.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
You can also see your path in bird eye view with your stealing wheels! Which made this function worth the extra bucks! It also shows how close your car to both sides to other cars when you have to pass a tight double parked street.

Yes, very nice feature, which I am still getting used to. After moving from a fairly basic 2009 Prius, the amount of information displayed on the Hybrid RAV4, is a very big jump. I do wish there was more information on what exterior lights were turned on (other than headlights). Perhaps I have missed it, but I cannot see if my parking lights are on, without looking at the stalk, where I turn them on. I am sure this will become less significant, as I get more driving time in. Still haven't hit 200 miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been wondering about the value of Entune without a cell phone. I live in a rural area and have no cell coverage. It seems ludicrous to get a cell phone to use just while driving.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I've been wondering about the value of Entune without a cell phone. I live in a rural area and have no cell coverage. It seems ludicrous to get a cell phone to use just while driving.

You don't need the Entune app to pair a phone, all 3 Entune head units are Bluetooth capable.

Toyota - Entune

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Some of the Entune features do require a linked phone with the Entune app installed. The audio system is completely separate from the Entune apps, and you also have the Satellite radio available. The Entune stuff is very easy to ignore, its just more garbage on the apps screens that you never even have to look at.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts