Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This particular Advanta-STAR Automotive Research webpage lets you compare the new RAV to other vehicles, both slightly up and down the price and class scales. Specifically, the BMW X3, Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape & Explorer, Honda Element & CR-V, Hyundai SantaFe & Tuscon, Jeep Liberty & Cherokee & Commander, Kia Sorento & Sportage, Mazda Tribute, Mercury Mariner, Mitsubishi Endeavor, Nissan Xterra & Murano, Pontiac Torrent, Saturn VUE, Subaru Forester, Suzuki XL-7 & Grand Vitara and Volvo XC70.

Kind of interesting though -- instead of just throwing you all the specs side-by-side and expecting you to parse out the differences yourself, it takes those differences and lays it out in somewhat plain english sentences. Only bit of oddness is that it definitely seems to be skewed towards the make you're comparing from -- call it "spin-doctoring" if you will, but it doesn't seem to note any of your source vehicle's shortcomings.

I think this service is marketed directly to dealers because going to the root of AutoConsumerNet's website doesn't let you do anything but send them an email.

Also lets you select any new Toyota, at least from the other URL they give you access to.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
thanks! Go do a comparison with an X3.. :)

BUT reading it closer it seems the facts are not correct. Comparing it to a Suzuki XL7 hich we also own, I saw at least 3 items that where it said the XL7 did NOT have even available which was was standard on ours... So I guess take it with a grain of salt..

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, no informational source should be taken as canon, at least not without thorough fact checking.

First vehicle I compared the RAV to was indeed the X3, it was quite amusing to see the BMW's comparative flaws. :lol:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
That is funny! I checked against the X3 and the Vovo XC, and the RAV4 has 41 and 43 more cu ft of passenger space, respectively!

And the rear visibility out the back is so much better on the RAV4 because it has an intermittent wiper feature, which the X3 doesn't. But the X3 doesn't have a rear mounted spare....

Hoo Hah! The site is useful for some stuff, but they must assume that all buyers are morons.

John Davies
Spokane WA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts