Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. We just bought a RAV4 to join our Toyota family. It will be moving with us in approx a year to Honduras to do missions and run our coffee farm. We also have a '87 4R that's set up for trails and working on the coffee farm.

I'll post some pics tomorrow of our Rav. We Just bought it last week. 2010 RAV4 Base w/added leather, 4WD w/65k on the clock.

So far we've tinted the windows limo all around except the front window. Put in Weathertech mats all throughout. Ordered LEDs for everything inside and out, plus HID conversion kit. I'll be mounting a roof rack and rear hitch. Still working on lift options as I only want an inch lift really just for a bit of added clearance.

Hope to use this for the next 10yrs. We just retired our Jeep Grand Cherokee after 7yrs and 246k miles!

This came today:

Thanks!
-Daniel Kent

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey all. We just bought a RAV4 to join our Toyota family. It will be moving with us in approx a year to Honduras to do missions and run our coffee farm. We also have a '87 4R that's set up for trails and working on the coffee farm.

I'll post some pics tomorrow of our Rav. We Just bought it last week. 2010 RAV4 Base w/added leather, 4WD w/65k on the clock.

So far we've tinted the windows limo all around except the front window. Put in Weathertech mats all throughout. Ordered LEDs for everything inside and out, plus HID conversion kit. I'll be mounting a roof rack and rear hitch. Still working on lift options as I only want an inch lift really just for a bit of added clearance.

Hope to use this for the next 10yrs. We just retired our Jeep Grand Cherokee after 7yrs and 246k miles!

This came today:

Thanks!
-Daniel Kent
Congratulations on your new rav. Hope you enjoy her with all the road trips coming your way.

just my two cent, i would not recommend you to use HIDs in regular reflector headlights. using HIDs on this would create tons of glare for the incoming traffic and i'm sure you'll be pissing a lot of motorist with this. best way to deal with this is to have your headlights retrofitted with projector.

but then again, goodluck with your rav. :smile

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will it just be blinding? I'm not looking build my own DIY projector lights and $500 for actual projector lights is too rich. I'd like something brighter without adding extra exterior lights. In Honduras when it's dark, it's pitch black! :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So not going to do the HIDs, but I need extra bright lights. I have LightForce lights already. Give me your thoughts on these two locations (pros, cons). Also if you know a source for a interior matching light switch that could save me some time looking. ;) Thx!
-Daniel Kent

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,922 Posts
Yeah, I much prefer the outboard locations.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Will it just be blinding? I'm not looking build my own DIY projector lights and $500 for actual projector lights is too rich. I'd like something brighter without adding extra exterior lights. In Honduras when it's dark, it's pitch black! :eek:

Yes it will be blinding to all traffic ahead of you. you can also try those external projectors that are sold in ebay. you can use them instead of the regular fog lights you're trying to install. and by the way, i'll vote on the outer position installation as well.

for your switch, you may want to check this out:

Push Switch 917G 12volt Toyota Replacement Fog Lights LED Green on Off RAV4 | eBay

Push Switch 923B 12volt Toyota Replacement Spot Lights Tundra 4Runner RAV4 | eBay

goodluck on your project

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I'm not into being the jerk on the road so no HIDs. Also not interested in cheapo projectors as I believe you get what you pay for. That said those are expensive switches, but cool! THX!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New to RAV4, Not to Toyota

Rack installed! Touch ups still, but looks pretty good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I considered that, but I don't know where I'd run the wires and I don't want to drill holes in the roof. Plus that would likely get in the way of the wind deflector.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How much weight can be put on the actual roof of a 2010 Rav? Not the load bars, but the roof top... Thx!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts