Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone getting the advertised mogs for their 2020 fwds?

Just did a round trip to atlanta, for 29.5 mpgs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welp, was doing low 80s. Guess that makes sense now. Who drives 60mph on the highway nowadays anyways?

What about city?

·
Registered
445 Posts
As suggested. I can get 35MPG if I run at around 70mph, with a really light foot to get there. Only turn the cruise on once to speed. Do anything else and your going to get less than 30.

As for around town I end up idling a lot and get maybe 24 ish. Don't drive it enough in traffic to really know.

I assume your in the SE, as am I, so the going rate on the interstates around here is closer to 90 than 70.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2020 Limited AWD gets about 28 mpg on the highway.
I do drive about 77 mph though, in a 70 zone so I guess that is to be expected.
Once I did travel 50 miles and kept it just under 70 and got 33 mpg.
FYI... It is all winter driving here in Ohio. I always get poor mpg on the winter gasoline formula.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here in canada i drive from windsor to Toronto doing 115km/h and my fuel economy was 7.0 and i think i could have gotten better too. Also its winter now. So for me its doing better than advertised. :) love this car.

Oh its a 2020 le awd.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Here in canada i drive from windsor to Toronto doing 115km/h and my fuel economy was 7.0 and i think i could have gotten better too. Also its winter now. So for me its doing better than advertised. :) love this car.

Oh its a 2020 le awd.
So 115KM/H is 69MPH, and 7.0l/100km is 33.6MPG. So your getting 33.6MPG at 69MPH - which is less than advertised, albeit as mentioned advertised is 60MPH highway.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have a 2020 rav4 Limited (gas version) with about 1360 miles on it. I’m getting about 26-27 mpg in the city and around 28 mpg on the freeway. A little disappointed that I havent broken 30mpg, especially on the freeway, but maybe my rav4 will do better after the breakin period?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am a bit surprised a lot of people not getting the highway miles. Looks like all American. Is there something going on here?? Like are people driving it hard in sport mode on highway?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am a bit surprised a lot of people not getting the highway miles. Looks like all American. Is there something going on here?? Like are people driving it hard in sport mode on highway?
Been here recently? Our highways are like the Daytona 500 except the Daytona has rules.

·
Registered
385 Posts
"Winter blend" fuel is only about 2% less energy dense than "summer blends." Most engines are about 40% less efficient when cold, so cold starts where the engine is cold for the first 7-10 minutes will make a huge dent in efficiency, especially on short commutes.

More generally, driving fast is a huge factor for highway mileage, even mild rolling hills are a bigger factor than most people realize, and aggressive driving always plays a big difference. I wouldnt call my wife "aggressive," but she certainly drives with less patience than I do, and I get about 20% better efficiency in the same conditions than she does.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oh its a 2020 le awd.
In ECO mode? With winter tires? The best I did so far on a 40km round trip in the GTA is 7.4, with ECO, winters and at 6am on a Sunday morning. I'm impressed!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I’m a bit curious too... I have a 2019 Adventure (one of lowest rated models for gas mileage), and usually get around 33-35 mpg on the highway, speeds probably in the 70-75 mph range...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just curious why is the Adventure lower rated, MG wise, then other models.

Still debating between the Hybrid or the Adventure. Not sure the Hybrid would offer much better MPGs for our driving needs. Flat rural highways at 60 mph.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts