Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just opened my new issue of Newsweek and there's a 2 page add for the new RAV. It's the first direct press from Toyota I've seen or heard about for the new RAV. They're pushing the fact it's bigger and that small trucks need to get out of the way!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"there is absolutely nothing compact about this vehicle" taken right from the Toyota Canada website. I guess they are looking for a new bunch of buyers.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyota is expecting the larger 2006 Rav4 to be appealing to more consumers - based on plans to increase the volume of production in 2006 to double 2005.

I am an example where the 2005 Rav4 is not large enough for my needs, but the 2006 fits the bill nicely (and cheaper than the highlander I was considering).

Personally I think they should have kept the Rav4 smaller and added a "Rav5" to the mix to meet the needs of a more diverse set of customers.

JCPZero

·
Registered
771 Posts
You mean RAV XL4. :lol: :lol: I think Suzuki got the right idea. The XL7 is pretty much a Vitara on steroids.

Some people like small some people like bigger. Its true to say that the new RAV will not include the people who like small anymore. What's up with that Toyota? Guess those people will have to buy an AWD Matrix now.

Later. M.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The idea of wo different wheelbases is fantastic, I know there would be extra cost for production, but Toyota is flying high these days, and the extra cost copuld be justified by increased sales. As much as I wolud sometimes like just a bit more room in my 02, the new one is just too big for my liking, and by the sound of it I am not alone. The last redesign increased usable interior room without changoing the overall personality of the vehicle, this time it is like a new model altogether. I guess they are more concerned with getting the Rav out of the way for the FJ than having it step on the Highlanders toes.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No stick shift means no sale to us. Me and the wife like to shift our own gears. We'll keep this rav for a couple years, but thats it. Where is the paddle mounted shifters in the SUV division?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, that is a huge problem for me too. Could have helped keep the base models price down too.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OH MY GOD!!!....OH MY GOD!!!....

garfieldgurl said:
:roll: The whole point of the RAV is that it's a small SUV! Why don't these people understand this??!!:?
Not always bigger is better :roll:
.....Oh my God!!!....there are still INTELLIGENT people left in this country .....You couldn't be more right about this....looks like you're just as p*issed off as I am about this!!!....see all my other posts complaining angrily and endlessly about this....VERY FRUSTRATING!!

....I don't get it because the RAV4 is supposed to be a UNIQUE "niche" product aimed at active singles and couples without children (or may a couple toddlers at the most). Itwas meant to be a nice SUPER-COMPACT SUV that was AGILE, NIMBLE, FUN-TO-DRIVE IN DENSE TRAFFIC and a BREEZE to squeeze into that "SUPER COMPACT" parking spot, which BTW, are speading accross cities like wildfire :roll: .....and mind you, the current (2nd gen) RAV is quite spacious and "big" for the above mentioned target audience (like me)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They wouldn't even have to do that!!......

JCPZero said:
...............I am an example where the 2005 RAV4 is not large enough for my needs, but the 2006 fits the bill nicely (and cheaper than the highlander I was considering).

Personally I think they should have kept the RAV4 smaller and added a "Rav5" to the mix to meet the needs of a more diverse set of customers.

JCPZero
.........All they had to do was bring the SHORT WHEELBASE RAV that they are selling in Europe!!!....from what I understand, it is only about 5 inches longer than the 2nd gen RAV (which would still not make me REAL happy, but I could've lived with that).....but TOYOTA is stupid!! From the posts I'm seeing begin to appear here, I can see that they're going to lose a fair deal of customers (including myself)....because I was looking for a second vehicle, an SUV that was very compact to drive in this horrendously packed city called Los Angeles (and the existing RAV fit my bill perfectly size-wise, except that I was looking for more refinement, power and luxury)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I fit in the catagory of what is called an "empty nester". While wifey has her own RX300 to drive, I don't need a vehicle sized for a "soccer mom" as my driver.

Add me to the list of folks that bought my RAV FOR its small size not despite its small size. If I wanted a larger vehicle I could have easily purchased something else. While I like some of the improvements in the 06 like the V6, I think I will stick with my fuel efficient, nibble, sporty and I might add little 5spd FWD 05; thank you very much. :D

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
RAV4Don said:
While I like some of the improvements in the 06 like the V6, I think I will stick with my fuel efficient, nibble, sporty and I might add little 5spd FWD 05; thank you very much. :D
Ditto everything except the 5spd FWD 05 cuz i got a 4spd 2WD 02 :mrgreen:. I like the interior of the '06 very much :).

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw a Toyota commercial showcasing the Rav4 the other night. They showed some of the colors, the blue one looked a little darker than whats on the website (yay!)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I haven't seen any RAV4.3 commercials on TV yet, but they've made some humdingers for this year. The "go farther" slogan doesn't work, and neither do the concepts of things like numbers chasing the RAV. Toyota and the advertising agency ran out of good ideas a while ago. <sigh>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts