Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am a uk owner of a 2010 xtr with the 2.2 d4d engine. Just over 80,000 miles now and it's been running fine. However when I went to top up my screen wash yesterday I noticed the coolant level was really low, the system has been pressurising and forcing the coolant out the header tank. Surely the head gasket is to blame.
I was then shocked to see how many reports there were for this problem on the 2.2diesel engine in the avensis and also other rav4s, albeit on the t180 model iirc? The fix being a new engine as its a problem with the Pistons and rings not the gasket itself. I see Toyota extended the warranty for the engine problem to 7 years.
My question is has anyone else had this engine problem on a 2010 model onwards? I rang Toyota gb customer services this morning and all she could say was I would have to take it into a dealer to dome diagnostics. She would not comment if Toyota has extended the warranty on these engines.
I love the car but cannot believe such a major design fault/ problem like this still exists. I feel that a car that is less than 6 years old and 80,000 miles is too premature for a gasket to go.

I am based in Derbyshire, any advice or info would be very much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
11,133 Posts
You'll have to hope for help from your side of the pond as there are no RAV4 diesels in North America. I hope you are able to get it sorted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts