Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AEM not working I've had it (Problem Solved)

Ever since I changed the clutch and various other stuff. The AEM wideband gauge works some time fine. Some times its weeks since it works correctly. Has anyone an opinion of an alternative part, so I can change, upgrade or get ride of this part?

·
Registered
408 Posts
You need to prove which part is faulty. Put a volt meter across the it it and see of you're getting any voltage.
No volts, faulty Lambda; volts, faulty gauge. I think widebands give 0 - 5v.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I found the problem, as of this morning. I was meaning to flush the radiator for some time. I bought Preston Radiator flush. But left it on the shelf for a few weeks. Since its getting hot in PR I decided to use it. But when I opened the radiator cap, I notice like a brownish substance on the cap, like mud. :confused: No problem, I drained the coolant and poured water inside the radiator along with the Preston Flush

I ran the engine for about 20 minutes. After that, I flushed it again with clean water and hose for about two minutes. Then I poured a gallon of 50/50 Preston. This morning, the AEM gauge came to life. Meaning that the temp sensor was full of that brownish substance and the sensor wasn't reading correctly or not at all. Up until now, its reading. These engines are very sensible to any type of fluid, air, pressure or anything that can change their normal function.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Glad it is working again, but I wonder where the mud looking stuff came from?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Regarding the mud in the radiator, I have a very good idea. The dude who worked on my RAV4. We have known each other for many years. Since my time of Mazda Rotary engines. He had a large garage, but he is looking at retirement and only works for his closes friends, me being one of them. Problem is his son. Looks like his son has a drug or some sort of related problem. His brothers (who are not from the same mother) have a dispute regarding who is getting what regarding the garage and what not. Looks like one of his kids didn't like the court’s decision so he went on the sabotage mission. I found a plastic bottle up the intake 4 inch hose to the K&N filter. Two studs from the rear tires were loose, eventually failing. I change them last week, BTW, there is a post on RAV4world. A fellow school teacher of mine told me that she saw my RAV4 roaring through traffic. When my RAV4 was supposed to be in his garage. That sort of thing. But, a part of my fellow teacher seeing my RAV4 on the street. I don’t have any evidence, since I fixed it. But, it has been little things that eventually I came to that conclusion. When I realized what was going on, it was too late. What can you do? Know, will I take mt RAV4 to my friends garage. Yes, but I’ll always wait for it. If he can’t, I’ll take it home until he can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts