Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,759 Posts
Angel, my advice would be to get a newer RAV4 with less mileage. Yours has seen better days.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NEVER. I'll smoke it to the ground. Yes, I have other vehicles. But this is the "go to work" vehicle. The one that saved my sons life. I'm not taking a new car so students can sit on them, or place a book-bag on top of them. That is just a minor problem that can be repaired and give me twenty more years of service. On the road it runs extremely well, believe me. Yesterday I was driving from a near by town, towards home. A guy with a Jeep Wrangler with a bunch of LED lights lighting up, problem was, it was day time. I guess he just wanted to show them off. I adjusted the inside mirror so it won't blind me, and yes, there were so much that it bothered me. We entered a stretch of road that is like I like it, wide and curvy, "Lets Rock". Then I gunned it, I just started to pull away when I looked, he obliged the invitation, big mistake. Once we started to get to the curves, I just pulled away. Last time I looked, I just saw a bunch of mud color road dirt flying. I guess it was too much for him and it just slipped and slide to the gutter. >:D My motto, prepare your car for the terrain you drive.

It still runs well. I ask for advice just in case someone has done it before, so I don't run into any problems that wasn't budgeted. But, as always, I got it covered before anything is done. :wink

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,759 Posts
Well, I didn't mean you should replace it with a brand new one. I was thinking about a 1999-2000 model with less mileage. And yes, I remember the story of how you raced your son to the hospital in your RAV, so I understand the sentimental value it must have. I would also want to hang onto it as long as I could if it was me.

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
My RAV4 has passed the 100K mark and it's staring to act up again. This time it's the steering. I'll rebuild the Pump and rack kits. Any advice would be appreciated.
I can understand your point - you've put a lot of time and mods as well as obviously money into your RAV, and having had a lot of experiences in it parting with it would be difficult! If repairing the steering isn't too expensive and if you save more cash by doing the work yourself your RAV should be satisfying and enjoyable to drive, hopefully for more years to come.

Reactions: mensajero

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its already in my will. My son will, inherit it. Seriously. It's like that old Nova, Buick, or Corvette that are in many garages in the USA that its more then a car, its the sentimental value. BTW, what it has is very simple. I'll have it worked on and post pictures like always.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts